Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:45:03 PM EDT
I have an Eagle drop leg holster for my Glock and a Blackhawk panel with some pouches for ammo. How the heck do I keep these things from pulling my pants down? I am using a TT Rigger's belt with them as well. I hope it's not suspenders time...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:49:41 PM EDT
Tighten up your belt. And make sure the leg straps are snug, not cut-off-the-circulation-tight, but snug.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:19:21 PM EDT
Suspenders on your first line are not a bad thing:

HSGI HSLD Suspenders
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:58:32 PM EDT
I'll give the belt a try (in fact I am right now). I thought I had the sucker tight until I really tried to tighten it up.

I would really prefer to not wear suspenders, but we'll see how this goes.

I know this probably isn't the proper post, but can someone explain to me the whole 1st line, 2nd line, etc gear to me?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT

I know this probably isn't the proper post, but can someone explain to me the whole 1st line, 2nd line, etc gear to me?

Me too?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:48:53 PM EDT

I do not load up the belt that is going through my belt loops on my pants. I use an enhanced web belt and low profile suspenders when going with 1st line gear only.

No leg drop though...I find it too much stuff to flop around. The only time I have considered it was when pouches on a vest got in the way of drawing my sidearm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:53:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:19:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ikor:

If you find you way over there, I would advise to keep quiet and lurk a while. They are a good bunch, and you can learn a lot from quite a few members there. OTOH, internet commandos, fools and idjits get chewed up and spit out fast!

Yep! I registered at LF.net over 2 years ago, and I've amassed a grand total of 7 posts there! ARFCOM is a different matter (but I'm no post whore!) Tons of good info at Lightfighter, but I prefer to lurk...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:03:28 AM EDT

And for God's sake, droplegs are worn as HIGH as possible, while still able to clear your second line gear. The first sign of an airsofter wannabe-commando type is a high-dollar dropleg hanging loosely around his kneecap.

Many people take off the top strap and only use the bottom strap, allowing the holster to ride higher.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:04:59 AM EDT
Lightfighter lurker here also. Tons of great info but not what I would call the "friendliest" group of chaps on the interweb.

I do want one of those MLCMM patches though..... hehe

To keep it relevant to your post: I too run a separate belt for 1st line stuff. Tighten it just above your hips but not on your kidneys. I don't loop it through my belt loops, the leg straps keep it from twisting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:08:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MP906:
And for God's sake, droplegs are worn as HIGH as possible, while still able to clear your second line gear. The first sign of an airsofter wannabe-commando type is a high-dollar dropleg hanging loosely around his kneecap.

Many people take off the top strap and only use the bottom strap, allowing the holster to ride higher.

I've got my stuff set up to run as high as possible while still being comfortable for draw/mag grabs.

Can someone give me a good explanation of what you should have on your 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line gear? That, or what a typical loadout (our yours) could be.

Are you guys using a duty belt or what?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:16:04 AM EDT

I didnt mean to come off harsh, it is just a pet-peeve of mine. Even in the military you see it when these nontactical types go out and buy a dropleg.

What is this rig for? 3-gun match? SHTF? bank robbery?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:17:21 AM EDT

Ditto.
I'm short, so I had to remove the top strap anyway.
However, I wear my rig very high and it remains stable. Same thing for my Eagle 2x AR mag pouch hanging on my left thigh. Having a decent duty belt (uncle mike's) helps, too. Far too many people are using inadequate belts to hang their gear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:37:22 AM EDT

I didnt mean to come off harsh, it is just a pet-peeve of mine. Even in the military you see it when these nontactical types go out and buy a dropleg.

What is this rig for? 3-gun match? SHTF? bank robbery?

The rig's not really for anything right now, but I am planning on getting into 3 gun stuff later on (when I'm done with college). I also like the leg rig because you can still get at your gear when wearing a heavy coat at the range (a common necessity in WI).

You could say I just like gear too - whether it's guns, cars, computers, you name it. I'm always getting the extra stuff. I want to do it right though. Label me what you want - armchair commado, range rookie -but I'd still really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT

Hey, I've got no problem if you are just a "gear queer"

It just helps to have a specific purpose when you ask what to put in your kit.

Here is mine for SWAT:

1st line:

Bianchi duty belt w/: Safariland 6004 for Glock 22 w/ Glock-light.
Buck/Strider Solution in custom Kydex sheath
Bianchi dual G22 mag pouch
Bianchi handcuff case
Bianchi light pouch w/ Pentagon L2
Bianchi radio pouch
Bianchi OC pouch

In pants: Spyderco delica
Wallet, keys, photonlight LED,etc.

2nd line: TT 2-piece MAV w/:
Paraclete triple M4 mag shingle
2x Eagle molle M4 pouches
TT Smoke pouch
TT flashbang pouch
TT single pistol pouch
TT zippered utility pouch w/ med-kit, chemlights,paracord, ducttape, doorstops, batteries, etc., etc.
Camelback 3L (I need to get a molle hydration carrier)

3rd line:

Eagle A3 molle w/: 3 MREs, woobie, poncho, clothes, nalgene bottle, survival goodies, medkit, batteries, paracord, binos, 4 more M4 mags, etc.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 12:26:54 PM EDT by Hooligan22]
MP906, thanks for the help. Your layout helped me understand the different lines of gear. I've already got most of the "random" stuff because I'm a camper and used to be a scout am an Eagle scout. I just need to figure out where to put it!

Also, what's a woobie and do you know of any other holsters that work with a Glock light (will ones for Surefire, etc work)?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:56:42 PM EDT

ya,

1st line: basic essentials/everyday carry/escape and evade
2nd line: supports the fight(ammo mostly)
3rd line: long term sustainment (3-day pack or bigger:food, shelter, more ammo, etc.)

A woobie is military slang for a poncho-liner. A very cheap, available, and warm little blanket.]

Safariland makes Glock holsters that work w/ just about any light.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:50:17 PM EDT
woobie = would be cold if you didnt have the 'cho liner with ya.
Top Top