Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2006 12:51:49 PM EDT
www.metrogun.com/

Are shotguns exempt from the NFA definition of a silencer?

"The terms "firearm silencer" and "firearm muffler" mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication."

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]

The Fudd's are hard at work with that one
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
that is RETARDED!

Not only does this innovative 32", fully ported, screw-in barrel extension reduce the report of your shotgun by as much as 50% (more when using subsonic loads), it also substantially improves patterning. In fact, tests revealed consistent 85% patterns at 40 yards before the barrel was even fitted to accept choke tubes.

um ok, patterns improve because your barrel is so damn long, you are practically poking the target in the ass before you even pull the trigger!!

and i suppose we can put one of those jagged YHM flash hiders on it so that in the event of ammo shortage you may remove extension and use as spear!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck just get a punt gun
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
um ok, patterns improve because your barrel is so damn long, you are practically poking the target in the ass before you even pull the trigger!!

- Now that's fooking funny !
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
As they say in the flesh trade............ "Hmmn."
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I needed that today!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Does that just screw into the choke tube threads?

Wouldn't that put a ton of stress on them?

Holy shit that makes for a long firearm.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
That's the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Regardless of how it looks, Im having a hard time think how they get past the ATF. A shotgun is a firearm and this clearly advertises that it improves the pattern, softens the recoil, and REDUCES THE REPORT.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the English had a .22 with a very long barrel at one time, maybe named "long Tom", also to quiet report.  You can hear a difference between the carbines and the longer barrel .22lrs with standard velocity bullets.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one. It is made by Hastings and it was built by a Varmint hunter/ goose hunter who wanted to take out game in areas with limited hunting land.

It looks stupid, but it reduces recoil, and noise.....plus it patterns pretty good.

They were not cheap, I got the Benelli one, and it was around $190.

Also, this is not an NFA item because it is just a long tube or barrel with 64 holes drilled in the side, no baffles like a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Extremely long-barreled shotguns like this are also used sometimes to get rid of pest birds in parking lots at malls, etc. since the guns are relatively quiet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess it's a matter of what's more important to you, looks or effectiveness.   If you need a quiet shotgun you don't have too many other options and chances are you don't intend on being seen with it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I would love to have that at a Turkey Shoot. MMM fresh bacon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#15]
i would buy one...

to go with my 28 shot magazine!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Regardless of how it looks, Im having a hard time think how they get past the ATF. A shotgun is a firearm and this clearly advertises that it improves the pattern, softens the recoil, and REDUCES THE REPORT.

hell man, it reduces the report cause the end of the barrel is in the next county,

talk about a poorly balanced shotgun thats extreamly front heavy, surprised they didn't offer a mount to hold up 5 foot of barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
well of course its quiet... loud guns are like loud men... sure as hell  not "METRO"

a quiet "METRO" gun for quiet "METRO'S"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top