Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2002 11:19:18 PM EDT
I have acquired an "E.A. Company J-15"  This weapon has a three position collapsible stock, forward assist.  The forearms are round like on a A2, but are longer that normal.  If anyone has any information for me on this rifle, I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is an Essential Arms.Is there a stop sign shape on the lower.I dont think they made complete rifles.So you probally have a kit gun.Wait for someone else to answer because i'm not real shure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Essential Arms of Krotz Springs, LA made lowers, and sold various kits, without barrels.  They closed shop shortly before the AW ban went into effect, and were bought out by DPMS.

They sold lowers (and matching uppers) in the original gray finish, and later added black.

They did not market complete rifles, so any EA rifle you see is a kit gun.

The "stop sign" shaped logo was for SGW, Shutzen Gun Works, which is Olympic Arms, another outfit altogether.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
"forarms longer than normal"

Well, it sounds like you might have a dissapator upper.  Do you think that might be the chance?

Does it look like this: ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Essential Arms ...did not market complete rifles, so any EA rifle you see is a kit gun.

I have a Mass. firearms registration that says otherwise. AN EA complete firearm sold before the ban to the fella that I bought the lower from.

Not saying you are not right, but that EA's CAN qualify as pre-ban rifles.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, all EA's, if they were built into complete rifles before the ban, and not sitting in a drawer as a stripped lower, are legal pre-ban rifles.  But they (Essential Arms themselves) did not sell complete rifles.  Others may have completed these rifles, but not EA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The Essential Arms lowers are cast, which while not quite as strong as a forging, will still give plenty of good service. I had one with a GI upper that was an excellent shooter and I have fired a number of machine gun conversions done on EA lowers that also worked fine. Have fun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top