Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/2/2002 8:23:17 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the new Cleanshot pellets for muzzleloading. I would like to know if it gives the same results as Pyrodex pellets. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:38:55 AM EDT
havent tried the pellets but regular cleanshot works great inb the cap and ball revolers and black powder cartridges ive loaded up and used when i was doing Cowboy Action Shooting
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:28:31 AM EDT
I talked to a friend with Clean Shot pellets at my range this fall. They worked fine, according to him, but one complaint. The Cleanshot pellets were packaged loosely in a plastic bottle (just like loose powder). This allowed quite a bit of rounding off of the pellet edges, which might reduce some consistency of the powder charge between loadings. This is a stark contrast to the carefully packaged Pyrodex pellets.

If they were to change packaging, I would probably give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:59:45 AM EDT
Evidently, Hodgdon (the maker of Pyrodex) has sued Cleanshot for patent infringement and forced them to pull the pelletized Cleanshot from the market (bummer). So I guess it's a moot point now as no suppliers have any available stock of the .50cal 50gr. pellets. Okay, so here's one for you Cleanshot - make a single long pellet (approx. 100, 120, or 150 grains worth) and call it a powder "column" to satisfy the trial lawyers. Then send me a percentage of your profits :)
Top Top