Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:43:10 PM EDT
What do you think big price difference.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:59:07 PM EDT
I had the same dilema. I went with the m16. It's the most modular weapon in terms of calibers and parts. There's infinite potential for customization. AR15 platform will be around for many many decades to come.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:18:08 PM EDT
If you can swing it hands down M16. So many upsides to it over the ruger, easy to work on, parts are cheap, everyone and their mother can supply parts, every cal from 22lr to a beltfed. The list goes on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:35:41 AM EDT
You can get a LL or a little more a RDIAS.

A FNC is fun, or even a AR-18..
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:40:21 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chas8008:

View Quote

Little more for a RDIAS? Where you buying them at then a little more for a RDIAS for what a LL costs? RDIAS are easily double what a RLL are going for.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:15:13 AM EDT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By damcv62:

Little more for a RDIAS? Where you buying them at then a little more for a RDIAS for what a LL costs? RDIAS are easily double what a RLL are going for.

Well Frank did sell that one LL for $18K and there was another one for $14/15. Stuip money I know. but you can still get a sear for $20K right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:58:53 AM EDT

Well Frank did sell that one LL for $18K and there was another one for $14/15. Stuip money I know. but you can still get a sear for $20K right?
View All Quotes

Did he get $18k for a LL? Damn. Didn't see that one. Last sear I saw was $25k. I did see a LL for $12k, so figured it was still double for a sear over LL. At $12k for a LL I'd still go for a RR for $13-$16k.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:08:09 AM EDT

Did he get $18k for a LL? Damn. Didn't see that one. Last sear I saw was $25k. I did see a LL for $12k, so figured it was still double for a sear over LL. At $12k for a LL I'd still go for a RR for $13-$16k.
View All Quotes

wow where do you find a registered receiver for 13k?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:37:48 PM EDT
Get what you can afford today. Prices will only go up
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:49:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gemlin:
Get what you can afford today. Prices will only go up
View Quote

With every MG I ever bought, I felt that I overpaid.

Of course looking back on what I paid, it seems cheap compared to the going rate today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:51:29 PM EDT
Frank just sold a Colt AR15 for 14.5
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2014 7:04:04 PM EDT by Spartikis]
AC556 $10-12k
RR Non-colt $14-16k
RLL $13-18k
RDIAS $20-25k
RR Colt M16A1 $20-25k
RR Colt M16A2 $25-30k

Having recently purchased a M16 these are the values I've seen over the last few months but the can vary based on the condition and I you're dealing with a dealer or a private individual. RLL and RDIAS a few years ago used to be a cheap way to get a m16, but as ppl discovered the convenience of being able to use them in multiple guns they have become very popular. Also as the price of MG go up people are worried about damaging their RR, but with a RLL or RDIAS you can abuse a host lower and just throw it away.

Personally I would scrap together the extra cash and go with a M16, the modularity and reliability of the M16 platform is worth it. Honestly I wouldn't wait to long, I refused to pay $13k for a RLL I saw 6 months ago now they sell for $18k and wish I would have paid what I felt was "over priced" at be time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:25:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HKILLER:
View All Quotes

I bought one ten days ago for $12k. But I didn't want to rub it in. You just need to be online at the right time, and have cash. I got mine off subguns. There was a guy at a local gun show who had a colt M16A1, he was asking $14k, I missed that one, my buddy saw it, tried to get me on the phone, and one of the dealers bought it before I could get there. They are out there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2014 7:02:36 PM EDT by Spartikis]

I bought one ten days ago for $12k. But I didn't want to rub it in. You just need to be online at the right time, and have cash. I got mine off subguns. There was a guy at a local gun show who had a colt M16A1, he was asking $14k, I missed that one, my buddy saw it, tried to get me on the phone, and one of the dealers bought it before I could get there. They are out there.
View All Quotes

If you are patient, check the auction sites regularly and have the cash in hand you can find some pretty good deals as there is always someone out there who needs cash in a hurry and is willing to drop the price to close a deal quickly. But $12k for a RR is pretty crazy, if you don't mind me asking what brand was it and what condition was it in?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:30:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

If you are patient, check the auction sites regularly and have the cash in hand you can find some pretty good deals as there is always someone out there who needs cash in a hurry and is willing to drop the price to close a deal quickly. But $12k for a RR is pretty crazy, if you don't mind me asking what brand was it and what condition was it in?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

Oly stop sign done by PAWS. From the photos it looked in about perfect condition. Even if it isn't it's only $150 away from looking brand new.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:32:58 PM EDT
I own both registered receiver M16s, RLLs, and AC556s.

As others have mentioned the M16 is the way to go if you can swing it financially. This isn't meant to be a financial dig on anybody but for some folks the ~$5K difference between a AC and a clone M16 is a year or more of savings...to others it what they blow on a weekend in Vegas without blinking an eye.

If it a huge financial swing (i.e. more than a year of discretionary savings) to get the funds for am M16 than just get the Ruger. They are not bad guns, are pretty reliable, parts are available, and they provide about 80% of the "blasting" pleasure that a 5.56 M16 does. Worst case, buy the Ruger, shoot and enjoy it and if in two or three years you have the financial delta saved up to trade up to an M16, sell off the AC and get an M16. If M16s go up in value than so do ACs, so its sort of like a machinegun inflation hedge.

If you could save the difference to trade up to a M16 in a year or less without going into the poor house and eating ramen for the next year, than save a few more pennies and just get the M16 out of the gate.
Top Top