Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/11/2002 8:54:51 AM EST
I am considering getting an FFL for my personel use as well as for friends, family, and local gun club members. I am not looking to start a gun shop or business. This will all be done out of my home and more or less as a hobby. I would like to know what the required hours of operation are (if any) how I would be required to post these hours, or can I be available by appointment only?

Also, I would like to know what the requirements are for storage. is there a minimum type of safe or other storage requirements?

ANy Info would be great!!

Iron Mountain Mi.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:11:58 AM EST
think you'll find that the ATF requires you to "be in the business" to get an 01 license try www.atf.treas.gov. it's a info filled site.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:25:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:15:21 PM EST
You *wont* get the FFL if you arent doing a business. You can get a C/R license but not a dealer's license unless you own a gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:27:27 PM EST
http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm. This is the link to ask for the FFL form. I also am putting in for mine. I also spoke to an ATF agent and was told. You can run from your home all you have to do is say By appointment only. List the day or days and time you will see people. Prove you will have a Secure place to lock up product. You have to make $200.00 or more in sales a year. The fee for the License is $200.00. The only thing I am going to check into is the Zone Laws to make sure.

It is also a good idea to go to the Local LEO officer in your Town or County and ask him. I have been given allot of advice and help from the Law Enforcement in my area. But if your only going to do this for private use forget-about-it. They will shoot you down and say get a Curio and Relic License.
Top Top