Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2010 6:12:57 PM EDT
I saw that the thread was locked and under review but nothing after that. I do not know why it was locked but since they are sold out what would be wrong with opening the discussion again. It would be nice to hear from more of the end users on how they like the units, more vids, pictures etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the units and it is perfect for what my intended purpose is, that is hog hunting.  Even though conditions haven't been the best for thermal with the hot temps and high humidity.  I still have picked up animals in the 300-400 yard range.  I think I could pick up signatures a little farther, but just haven't seen anything out that far yet.  It's really a nice tool to have when out hunting.  I still navigate with the pvs and shoot with the d-760.  The thermal really complements the NV.  The only thing that sucks is when you see something in heavy cover with the therma,l and you can't find it with the NV.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2010 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have one of the units and it is perfect for what my intended purpose is, that is hog hunting.  Even though conditions haven't been the best for thermal with the hot temps and high humidity.  I still have picked up animals in the 300-400 yard range.  I think I could pick up signatures a little farther, but just haven't seen anything out that far yet.  It's really a nice tool to have when out hunting.  I still navigate with the pvs and shoot with the d-760.  The thermal really complements the NV.  The only thing that sucks is when you see something in heavy cover with the therma,l and you can't find it with the NV.  

Thats the truth on the heavy cover. I've switched back and forth between the thermal and the NV and sometimes its amazing how visible something is in thermal compared to how invisible something is with NV.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw that the thread was locked and under review but nothing after that. I do not know why it was locked but since they are sold out what would be wrong with opening the discussion again. It would be nice to hear from more of the end users on how they like the units, more vids, pictures etc.

It was told to all it cannot turn into a sales thread and that is exactly what it turned into. (You stated it correctly using "sold out". )There was several warnings given.  If there is any mention of sales postings in this thread it will be locked from Site Staff. (See Raf, Sr. Site Staff Tacked thread above). Hope this helps.

NV Moderator

I've noticed TNVC-related sales threads don't get locked out, what's the deal? They have to be paying industry partners that pay an annual fee? Is that the issue?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I took mine out, on the nightly dog walk . I added my MUM, so I could compare the two technologies. The night vision beats the thermal for Summer time detection, at least in town. It's so hot here that the neighborhood animals are black when walking across the street, even a jogger appeared cooler than the hot sidewalk.....I am ready for winter!!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I took mine out, on the nightly dog walk . I added my MUM, so I could compare the two technologies. The night vision beats the thermal for Summer time detection, at least in town. It's so hot here that the neighborhood animals are black when walking across the street, even a jogger appeared cooler than the hot sidewalk.....I am ready for winter!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b266/chico561/c1a3bcf5.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b266/chico561/426ffcf0.jpg

OMG I just jizzed in my pants

(get it, OMJIZZ)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone have a link to the original thread?

It would be a shame for such valuable information to be just thrown away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#10]
It was locked by Vic and faded into archives. Can be found here

<Link removed.  This thread is not going to be used to revive the prior thread, as it only promotes selling outside of the EE.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
It started to turn into a sales thread and per the rules Vic had no choice but to lock it. Vic did not lock it just because...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It started to turn into a sales thread and per the rules Vic had no choice but to lock it. Vic did not lock it just because...

ok, but its still a crying shame. We need more grassroots tech projects.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding- that 'sell' thread was for a few units sold at less than the cost of parts for members here- with the prior blessing of the NV moderator. Last time that will happen, here anyway. Oh well.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#17]
It was not my intention to start a sales thread, as in the OP,it states" NOT A SALES THREAD". I do not have a financial interest in the product. I expressed my desire to have an "affordable thermal viewer". I was contacted for my input, and I bought the second prototype.I was only trying to share info, with the "community".

Arfcom has created a monster,you can post a review, but no one is allowed to ask, where it was purchased, unless it's an IP? You can talk about an IP's stuff, as long as it's praise.

What about posting a review of a product, then locking the thread, so no questions can be asked. I understand people need to make money, but it comes across as censorship. I also understand
that it's not fair for paying partners to compete with non paying "vendors",but when is it a discussion board vs a sales board?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding- that 'sell' thread was for a few units sold at less than the cost of parts for members here- with the prior blessing of the NV moderator. Last time that will happen, here anyway. Oh well.

Unbelievable here. I kept up with your thermal sales thread and the first post was a warning by Wes1 that it was not a sales thread, (cool) but of course we all know this was a sham from the beginning from your statements.  Now you’re saying it was indeed a sales thread all along and you knew it all along!  What prior blessings are you exactly talking about here?  This I wanna hear this so please tell us.  I sure the hell hope Victor comes in here again to set you straight on this one, cause you got it coming Karma.  Did you not read his above statements in red? It seems he was crystal clear what the thread became after cautions and even the original poster used the sold word and he knew what the thread was.  Sorry, many others are not buying your charity for the community thread. Remember I told you before (in that thread you so eloquently bashed a few of us as the NV Moderator before it got deleted), I handled one of the many units you made here and it was not just a few, guess you will get more sales from this thread too?  Just like your signature line right, another charity business grass roots establishment you take loss of sales on all in the name of the community?  I just cannot believe you got away with this one for so long. This, just like your upcoming POS-22 fix for the community ATN sales thread, we’re all lead to believe you all spent 15 thousand dollars all in the name of the community to fix ATN’s problems for free.  Based on your candid so-called honesty above, I will not believe anything you have to say Karma.  I’m through with this whole bag of nuts. Utter nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Please keep all threads polite, businesslike, and on topic.  No bickering will be tolerated, and anyone attempting to use this site to peddle goods without a dealer/Industry Partner account--no matter how subtle--will be banned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top