Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2003 10:21:16 PM EDT
I've had one a few years now and have'nt really hammered it till today. I've got a short rail mounted with forward pistol grip because of the heat up front, but today after about 350 rounds in an hour the back half got so hot you could'nt make cheek contact with the reciever. Anybody came up with a fix yet. I don't think any stick on or glue on stuff will take the heat?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
raf I'll  give the stick on pad a try and see how it holds up to the heat. Troy I have 4 extra forward vents 1/2"X 1 1/2" milled out on the sides before I mounted the forward pistol grip to help with the heat. I did see a photo in the gallery section at ACE Ltd. stocks of a reworked 17 with a pad on it (probably what raf described). I've never hammered it enough to notice the heat build up in the rear of the upper before yesterday. I'll give the stick on pad a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top