Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/14/2003 2:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 2:20:36 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Should I worry? Should I call the ATF and try to find out whast the hold-up?
TIA!

Yay!!! Update at bottom!

Here is my first C&R purchase!
A 1945 Russian M44 Mosin Nagant
I got it for only $39 from Interordanance.

Link Posted: 4/14/2003 2:57:10 PM EDT
Give 'em a call. It can't hurt.

It might be something silly.

I understand that some parts of the country take longer due to the agent's workload that handles that particular area.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 6:59:49 PM EDT
Not to rub it in. Mine came in today!!!!!!! It took just under 30 days. I would say give them a call.. Good Luck...
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 7:06:21 AM EDT
Two and a half months and counting for me...
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 7:08:41 AM EDT
Getting a C&R is all over the block. I got mine in 6 weeks...while some folks are being visited by BATF agents, while still others just wait in limbo.

I'd call.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:15:42 AM EDT
3 weeks from the day I dropped it in the box it was in my hand.

ED
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 1:22:08 PM EDT
Got some good news in the mail Saturday!

It seems that on my application for the C&R I forgot to put my zip code in one of the boxes and they wrote me a letter explaining that was why the app. was taking longer than usual. Oh well, at least I know I will be getting the C&R and all is well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:42:16 PM EDT
Got mine today. 13 Days. Wow! I was surprised.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:30:24 PM EDT

Mailed in my packet on 3/18.

Check cleared the bank a while ago.

No C&R yet.

Going on two months.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:08:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By operatorerror:

No C&R yet.

Going on two months.

Thats a week after i sent mine in.

I called the ATF office last week and left two very polite voice mails, bitch still hasnt called me back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:32:38 PM EDT
I just had my personal interview on May 1 and after the inspector left he explained that I would be approved but the paper work would go to the local office, the regional office in Brooklyn and from there even he wasn't sure but he thought it would take at least another month before I had the license in hand. It took 5 weeks from mailing the application to getting the call from the inspector to set up the personal interview at my house.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:37:40 AM EDT
I feel like an ass but I got my C&R two and a half weeks after sending the paperwork in.

They love me. (i think)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:14:12 AM EDT
Green18...."personal interview" for a C&R?? Is this a New York thing?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:02:05 PM EDT
i'm at about a month and a half of waiting. they sent me a citizenship verification form three weeks ago. on it i had to check that YES i was a us citizen and then had to sign it - which i had already done on the first form. wtf is up with the atf (atfe for the explosively inclined)? it seems to be some draconian shit going on down there in texas (or is it florida, or is it dc? seems like every time i hear from them it's a different office). but my favorite part is that they quote the 'reduction of paperwork' act on every piece of paperwork they make me fill out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:15:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By greenmountainpatriot:
Green18...."personal interview" for a C&R?? Is this a New York thing?

Yes GMP, it is a NY thing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:40:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:

Originally Posted By operatorerror:

No C&R yet.

Going on two months.

Thats a week after i sent mine in.

I called the ATF office last week and left two very polite voice mails, bitch still hasnt called me back.

M4 -

Have you gotten you C&R yet?

ED
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:25:48 AM EDT
w00+! just called the atf and my cnr is on it's way. only two months of waiting... now that's efficiency!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:26:54 PM EDT

I just got off the phone with the ATF.

I was told by the very nice lady that they were swamped with explosives licensing so things are running a little slow. Especially for first time applicants like myself.

She stated that for new applicants the background checks alone take more than two weeks. Renewals are much quicker to process.

How in the hell are you guys getting your C&R's so quickly? Are you all renewals?

Anyway, my license is pending, I'm in the system, I have a license number.

Just no license.

Going on 11 weeks now.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:03:04 PM EDT
Hot Damn!!!!!

Bankruptcy here i come!!!!

I got my C&R today!! Thanks to all who stood by me in these hard time during the last 4 months. I couldn't have done it without your emotional support!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:02:23 PM EDT
WOOHOO!!!

Wotcha gonna get first?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:20:01 PM EDT
Im not sure, I see the Yugo SKS's for only $125 at the gunshows around here in really great shape. But I think the first will be a Polish Tokerev . I see they are getting harder to find and I found one for only $149!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:38:39 PM EDT
Think MAKAROV!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:49:25 AM EDT
I'd agree on the Mak or Tok...bad thing is finding one that's C&R eligible. I was just at SOG yesterday and believe they had C&R Polish Toks advertised for...oh...let me get the new flyer...$185 (late 40s dated).

The problem with the Maks is that the Bulgarians that are so prevalent these days aren't C&R. You have to search for an East German, Russian Military, or one that is better than 50 years old...they're just not that easy to come across...and when you do, they tend to be overpriced.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:31:38 PM EDT
M4;

They were so busy doing your background check that they let about 50,000 illegal aliens cross the border.

Oh yeah, tell the wife (if you have one), these things are rare, and their the last one's. They don't make them anymore. Their a piece of history. It's an investment. I love you. Shut up.

ED
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:29:21 PM EDT
Had my personal interview with the agent from BATF back on May 7th and today my wife brought home the mail and the C&R license was there!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:58:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By green18:
Had my personal interview with the agent from BATF back on May 7th and today my wife brought home the mail and the C&R license was there!

Welcome to POVERTY!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:39:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By W-W:

Welcome to POVERTY!

No shit,

I just wrote up a nice little wish list and now my next two paycheck are already gone! Oh well, at least I will be having a great time at the range with all my new toys!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:24:00 AM EDT
Don't forget about the ammunition arsenal needed to support all those toys. When we said "welcome to poverty" we REALLY meant it!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:18:37 AM EDT
Welp,

I ordered my first C&R gun yesterday.
I ordered a M44 for only $40 shipped! God damn it felt good to just call up and order a gun, god it's good to still be a free American.

Next week, I think I will order a Yugo SKS and maybe a Tokerev!

Happy days are hear again, Im gonna get naked!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:12:03 PM EDT
I ordered a Yugo SKS as my first C&R. Its sitting here dissasembled now. This week I'm going to get the cosmo off and refinish it. Everything is in excellent condition except for the piston extension I tryed to de-cosmoline with "zap". FYI: ZAP removes all finishes on rifle parts!!! I've bought all kinds of crap for wood finishing, and the last time I touched any of it was in shop class in high school. Mineral spirits, tung oil, boiled linseed oil, buthcer's bowling alley wax, japan dryer, shellac and much more crap.

Oddly enough, now I wan't to buy more guns to refinish/restore as well as to shoot.

Parallax's C&R board is the best I've seen for info dealing with C&R guns.

pub113.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:34:30 AM EDT
All you new C&R types might want to get into reloading, especially when it comes to cartridge conversions. Take it from a 10+yr C&R guy eventually you will get some of the really strange guns where ammo is not to be found. Of course you will want to shoot it at least once just to see what it is like. Learning to "roll your own" ammo is what will make it possible. Ask some of the Swiss K31 guys what is was like getting ammo about a year ago. Even 7.62x25 wasn't easy to find 8-10 years ago.
Of course there is always Norma but you ever see those prices?
Have fun collecting and remember to watch those credit limits! ;)

Oh, one of the best parts of a C&R is picking up a phone and mail ordering a gun to be delivered to your front door while all your buddies have to go through all the traditional paperwork and waiting periods.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:50:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By green18:

Personal Interview? I thought only the DMV did that heehehe. Congrats on your C&R...now send one off to Brownell's for the dealer discount...it can save you LOTS of $$. They have a secret code built into this set of numbers that every item has...that's the price you pay with the discount. Also, you can set up an online account that will automatically give you the discounted price.

Also, I would suggest a Schmidt Rubin for you first purchase...made like a Swiss watch, and the straight pull bolt is a joy to shoot.

Have Fun!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:35:54 PM EDT
If you decide to get a Mak check out what the folks at Makarov.com and Corbon have come up with...

A 9x18 case necked down to a .32 they're claiming all kinds miracles!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:20:52 PM EDT
Pic added!
Top Top