Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2002 6:49:23 PM EDT
I'm getting a Springfield Hi-Cap 1911, and am wanting to swap out the grip safety on it. It has a beavertail safety, but has a big nub on the bottom part of it (as opposed to smooth all the way down). That nub kind of digs into my palm, so I want to replace it with a smooth one.

I've searched Brownells and Midway Arms, but have only found blued safeties, and my Springfield is parked.

I'll probably try calling Springfield on Monday (hope they are open), but would like to know who else has them in case Springfield doesn't have one for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm......lots of 1911 parts these days are Parkerized. My Colt 1991A1 came with a parkerized beavertail. I guess i got lucky.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get a blued one and have it parked.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
For a part that small, you could do it in a sauce pan on your stove. Brownells has small bottles of park. Just emery the finish of the one you want to park and pop it in the pan.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Talk to Kurt at KKF (a site sponser here)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top