Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/20/2002 5:49:23 PM EST
I'm getting a Springfield Hi-Cap 1911, and am wanting to swap out the grip safety on it. It has a beavertail safety, but has a big nub on the bottom part of it (as opposed to smooth all the way down). That nub kind of digs into my palm, so I want to replace it with a smooth one.

I've searched Brownells and Midway Arms, but have only found blued safeties, and my Springfield is parked.

I'll probably try calling Springfield on Monday (hope they are open), but would like to know who else has them in case Springfield doesn't have one for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:00:55 PM EST
Hmm......lots of 1911 parts these days are Parkerized. My Colt 1991A1 came with a parkerized beavertail. I guess i got lucky.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:49:26 AM EST
Just get a blued one and have it parked.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 6:57:40 AM EST
For a part that small, you could do it in a sauce pan on your stove. Brownells has small bottles of park. Just emery the finish of the one you want to park and pop it in the pan.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:26:23 AM EST
Talk to Kurt at KKF (a site sponser here)
Top Top