Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 3:50:04 PM EDT
Was wondering what the value of a Ithica 37 with pistol grip stock and barrel shourd would be? It's 18", supposedly a "police" model.

Anyone got a clue as to what this may be worth?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends.  Is it a military/police or just a plain model 37 that's an 18" barrel somebody is calling "police"?  7 round mag tube?  Original government proof marks?  Slamfire or not?

Anywhere from $300-500 is a range, below that if it's not a real M-P.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It does have the slamfire feature. Not sure about the gov proofmarks. Does the fact that it is slamfire help?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, additional info.

Has a 5 round tube, not 7.

No clear cut markings to say it s a "police" or "government" model. Though, don't really know what to look for.

Anymore input?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
what's stamped on the barrel?  What's stamped on the side of the Shotgun?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, since you can buy good used police trade-in Model 37s from Lawmen's Safety Supply for $189, I'd say go from there. That price is for five-shot DSPS models and eight-shot riot models.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
There are the M&P and a LAPD model{discontinued}'
What is the finish? IthacaLLc.com  you can date the gun.
GG
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
There are the M&P and a LAPD model{discontinued}'
What is the finish? IthacaLLc.com  you can date the gun.
GG

M&P & DSPS (deer slayer police special) both used 7-round magazine tubes.  M&P is parkerized, DSPS is blue.

LAPD model is a commemorative that I believe came with both short & regular barrels.  Also, I think it's actually a model 87 (with disconnector/no 'slam' fire).  Somebody correct me if I'm screwed up, which is known to happen.

I paid $400 for a perfect DSPS last January.

-hanko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top