Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 4:33:03 PM EDT
Guy at local shop said there is a replacement mag well to take AR mags. I told him I believed he was mistaken as the ATF was only reviewing the proposal and that it was my understanding that they were allowed to be imported because they could not take hi-caps. At least I have not heard otherwise lately, I like to think I keep on this stuff pretty well. Please correct me if I am wrong.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Toad Bailey of Special Widgets is working on this.  It comes with a 100% "Guarantee to failure within 50 rounds" like the rest of the product line.

I'm not sure if it is 'finished' yet.  

As far as BATF regs, normally I would agree with you, but since Bailey gives the BATF alot of free work (i.e. snitching out gunowners and gunsmiths/gunshops he doesn't like) my guess is they cut him a break as a favor...
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Toad and SW suck!  After the little attack he made here I will damn sure never buy $hit from him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
specialweaponsllc.com has prototype pictures of a G36 with American parts that gets rid of the thumbhole stock and and converts the gun to accept ar mags.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
specialweaponsllc.com has prototype pictures of a G36 with American parts that gets rid of the thumbhole stock and and converts the gun to accept ar mags.

Voodoo Engineering
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
SW=Crap thats all i have to say. BTW Toad is a dumass. "Uhh well Wolf works great in my guns usually. Whats your hottest 9mm?"
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Cavalry Arms is coming out with a USC to UMP conversion, and will be coming out with a SL-8I to G-36 conversion after that. What for that, and don't touch the crap that Special Weapons will shit out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya'll have had a lot of problems with SW's Stuff?? I think they make a very high quality HK-94 clone. I have never had any problems with SW or Todd. When I have emailed him he has always been prompt and courteous
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
Cavalry Arms is coming out with a USC to UMP conversion, and will be coming out with a SL-8I to G-36 conversion after that. What for that, and don't touch the crap that Special Weapons will shit out.

I have been interested in the USC for some time but 10RND MAGS SUCK!!!  Do you have any idea what type of mags the conversion UMP magwell will be set up for?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Guy at local shop said there is a replacement mag well to take AR mags. I told him I believed he was mistaken as the ATF was only reviewing the proposal and that it was my understanding that they were allowed to be imported because they could not take hi-caps. At least I have not heard otherwise lately, I like to think I keep on this stuff pretty well. Please correct me if I am wrong.
BrenLover

No different importing HK SL8-1's that can only accept low caps and milling them out/installing enough American parts to not be an "import" that can accept hicaps than it is with all the imported and milled AK variants with the american parts that can accept hicaps, You know, the 350-500 dollar AK jobs you see in SGN every friggin' month.
Same Deal, Much higher pricetag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Rabbit,
IIRC, the conversion was to take sten mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top