Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 6:31:50 PM EDT
Are the .50 bmg uppers for ar-15s any good.  Do they pound the ar reciever to death.  What are the pros and cons.

I have a Serbu, but a friend is thinking this might be a good way to go.  But we all know the saying, buy cheap, buy twice.  So are these worth it.  (I don't see him putting too many rounds through it)
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the ALRS upper.  www.50bmg.net/index.html
The owner/maker just took first place at Raton.  I still may get one of these.  Some say the added spring for the hammer puts stress on the pins, some say it doesn't do a damn thing.  Ask around on Biggerhammer, lots of members have upper conversions.

pros- cheap, lightweight (sometimes), versatility, no paperwork!
cons- some don't offer loaded shell extraction, requires changing or adding hammer springs, stress to lower if you really think it does.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top