Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 5:50:45 PM EDT
Hey all,

I am in the midst of an email discussion with a reporter for the Tampa Tribune, who says that  50 BMG rifles were "used" by the Branch Davidians.

In looking for references, I have found that the Branch Davidians owned .50 caliber rifles, but no evidence that they actually fired or did not fire them at the feds.

Does anyone have any links that I can look up?  Many thanks.

Somewhat related - is there anyone in the Tampa area who owns a .50 BMG and would be willing to invite these reporters to a .50 BMG shoot at a local range?  Read the article at:
http://www.tampatrib.com/MGATNSHIJTC.html

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding that early on the Federal guys claimed there was a .50 BMG rifle at Mt. Carmel, but none was ever reported by the fed's on any of the evidence lists from the compound.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
as i recall they had one or two barrett 82's
I remember seeing pictures of them that the police had in there evidence rooms, they were all burned up
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#5]
A guy at the branch office of the BATF here in Austin said that an agent was killed by a .50.... I don't trust him right off.   I was pulling a service call down there at the BATF office, and he had a .50BMG sittin on his desk, and I picked it up, and he proceeded to tell me about the Waco thing.  Funny, he also mentioned to me and my buddy that were there fixin a 'puter that the BATF had openings at the Austin office.   hehehe
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A guy at the branch office of the BATF here in Austin said that an agent was killed by a .50.... I don't trust him right off.   I was pulling a service call down there at the BATF office, and he had a .50BMG sittin on his desk, and I picked it up, and he proceeded to tell me about the Waco thing.  Funny, he also mentioned to me and my buddy that were there fixin a 'puter that the BATF had openings at the Austin office.   hehehe

From what I read, 3 of the 4 thugs were killed by friendly fire.  Has anybody here seen the film footage of the initial attack?  Total clusterfuck.  A bunch of wannabe "tactical" agents playing Rambo.

Feds suck.

On another note:  If the .50 is an "anti-tank" round according to these idiots in the press, why did none of the tanks the thugs were using get destroyed if the BDs were using the weapons?

"Do what you will,
just don't think the BATF will ever tell the truth about what happened."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top