Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:00:26 PM EST
Just wondering if these might happen to be made or it anyone has one. I have a .45-70 that I think would be a BLASTY BLAST to fire if muffled. Plus I could use it on every one of my other guns.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:26:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By Boosted98gsx:
Just wondering if these might happen to be made or it anyone has one. I have a .45-70 that I think would be a BLASTY BLAST to fire if muffled. Plus I could use it on every one of my other guns.

Thanks

Search for suppressors for .458 SOCOM. If they can take that, they'll handle .45-70.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:44:27 PM EST
Would a 45 (pistol) can work for the Socom, with the right thread pitch of course.....?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:54:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Would a 45 (pistol) can work for the Socom, with the right thread pitch of course.....?

Not unless you were running subs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:24:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

A suppressor designed for pistol pressures would probably pop like a balloon if you stuck it on the end of a .45-70 and fed it supersonic rifle load pressures. Might not even be able to handle hefty subsonic loads.

If you kept your loads down to pistol-safe pressures and low muzzle energies (very very slow to be shooting from a rifle) a 45 pistol suppressor might be able to take it.
Top Top