Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 9:35:42 AM EDT
Ive got some 45 colf dies frome hornady and RCBS, that hornady dies say i can use them for the 45 ACP, is it the same for both dies or do i have to go get 45 acp dies.

Thanks for your help
Scott
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see how the crimping would work with those 2 different cases. They are two different lengths. One of them takes a taper crimp and the other needs a roll crimp.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
The sizing die might work for both, but I can't see the neck belling setting, bullet seating or crimping having a chance of working. MAYBE if the seating die has a lot of adjustment room you could do that with the same die. If you could screw it way down into the press you might be able to crimp too, but it'd be the wrong style crimp as already pointed out. You definitely do not want a roll crimp on a 45acp unless shooting it with moonclips in a revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top