Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 5:16:40 PM EDT
I am thinking of putting a can on my .308 bolt-gun and would like to hear from those of you who have one now. My main concerns are the shift in your zero, groups(do they repeat), and the workmanship of the suppressor itself.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#1]
try AWC Systems supressors...the specter 2000 or the thundertrap.  yes, they do change the point of impact but you simply adjust your zero to compensate....quality suppressors do not hinder accuracy from what I have seen.  AWC uses TOP notch materials and their quality is very very good.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the Gemtech TPR-S for my Remington LTR.  I own an AWC .22 can, and though it works okay, their customer service has left a bit to be desired as far as I'm concerned.  Doc Dater's stuff is top-notch, costs a little less than AWC, and they have great customer service to boot.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
desert moon, how much does your suppressor hinder the accuracy of the rifle. Did the groups double in spread? I realize the point of impact will change,as long as it repeats. What type of groups are you getting?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought the Gemtech TPR-S for my Remington LTR.  I own an AWC .22 can, and though it works okay, their customer service has left a bit to be desired as far as I'm concerned.  Doc Dater's stuff is top-notch, costs a little less than AWC, and they have great customer service to boot.

Did you get the bi-lock setup on the Gemtech?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yerp...check out my thread "Camo help needed" in Precision Rifles...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top