Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 10:05:10 AM EDT
This is something I have put off for far too long and I will be making a safe/RSC purchase within the next two months.My budget is approx $3000. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a Sturdy 3627-6 which is listed for about $3100, Fire Lined and shipping included.

What other safe/RSC brands compare directly head-to-head, apples-to-apples with the Sturdy product in this price range? As I stated, I have some time to do more homework before I can make this purchase so please, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I just want to get the best protection I can get and stay around my budget.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:32:19 AM EDT
Look into how the fire rating is achieved.

Most just double up on FR drywall.

Check these guys out-

Mine hasn't been through a fire, but it's a bear and has served me well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:47:41 AM EDT
I hear that Liberty's higher end offerings compare to many of the Sturdy offerings.

I'm new to the safe game, interested in a Liberty due to budget and weight constraints.

I'm not trying to stop a full blown pro, just the ghetto goblins that have infested my town.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:13:28 PM EDT
You can get into a Fort Knox for that price with many more options if you choose.

http://www.ftknox.com/redesign/safes/defender.htm
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:51:44 PM EDT
Check out PatriotSafe.com.  I finally got the 24 gun 2-hr Protector model and have been very happy with it.  I was always concerned with having a digital only lock and this one uses a digital combo + key to access with a backup lockout key.  I'm no safe guru, but from what I could tell it was the best bang for my buck.  

Patriot Safe is NOT the same as the Patriot model by Cannon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:00:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:47:51 PM EDT
This is something I have put off for far too long and I will be making a safe/RSC purchase within the next two months.My budget is approx $3000. Right now I'm leaning heavily toward a Sturdy 3627-6 which is listed for about $3100, Fire Lined and shipping included.

What other safe/RSC brands compare directly head-to-head, apples-to-apples with the Sturdy product in this price range? As I stated, I have some time to do more homework before I can make this purchase so please, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I just want to get the best protection I can get and stay around my budget.

I think the only other one I'd look at as a close comparison is a Summit Denali made by Prosteel. I don't know the actual cost of a Denali including delivery to know if it's close in price but I've heard it's similar. You can't go wrong buying a Sturdy though as so many owners around here will attest.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:20:02 PM EDT
Sturdy - no doubts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:47:23 PM EDT
OK, lots of links to look over. Thanks!

(keep 'em coming)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:57:43 PM EDT
Look for a TL 30 on craigs list locally.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:58:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By juslearnin:
Look for a TL 30 on craigs list locally.

Just checked ..... NOTHING!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:54:30 AM EDT
Call World Wide Safe and ask about used TL rated safes.  They may have a TL15 in that price range.
www.worldwidesafe.com
Top Top