Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2011 5:42:12 AM EDT
It seems like I dont have any options...

My friend was given a Stevens Model 1915 Favorite Rifle in 25 Stevens, its in excellent shape too. Now we're just trying to location some ammunition for it. Anyone know of a source? or maybe even a source for reloading dies for it? We have hit a dead end it seems and figured I would turn to the arfcommers for help.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Bwahahahaha!  Saw one of those this weekend.  It's a rimfire.

Let us know how you convert it to .22

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
From THR archive

Not much else out there.  IIRC, .25 Stevens was discontinued by 1950.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats a real interesting article... I've only ever seen .22 cal blanks though and not .25. I've read this article over and over again and i'm having trouble as to understanding what he did. Tell me if im right- He went out and bought .25 cal blanks for a nail gun, and then pressed a #2 buckshot into the blank and then somehow sized it? I really wish his article was more clear, and the only .25 cal blanks im finding are disc blanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You could have a machinist turn out a few solid brass cases with a primer pocket drilled at the case rim.
Use small pistol primers and a replica blackpowder.
Bullets or a bullet mold can be obtained from Huntigton or Buffalo Arms.
Because the primer fires at the case rim, case life is very short.
Another alternative is to have a new centerfire breechblock machined or weld the firing pin hole channel in the old block and have a centerfire firing pin channel drilled then add a new made centerfire firing pin assembly.
Again you will have to have some cases turned on a lather but this set up will allow longer lasting cases. HTH
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thats a real interesting article... I've only ever seen .22 cal blanks though and not .25. I've read this article over and over again and i'm having trouble as to understanding what he did. Tell me if im right- He went out and bought .25 cal blanks for a nail gun, and then pressed a #2 buckshot into the blank and then somehow sized it? I really wish his article was more clear, and the only .25 cal blanks im finding are disc blanks.

No, he pushed the buckshot into the chamber, then put the blank in the chamber after it. It is common to do something similar with .22s in Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Whilst perusing a vintage ammo collector website some time ago, I noticed they had a few .25RF rounds for sale... for $6.00 each.

Was tempted to buy a few just to shoot my Stevens #44 Ideal, which I've never fired.

Although... I DO have one full, complete, very good condition box of Stevens brand .25RF... but since it's worth more than the rifle itself, I'm going to leave it untouched.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top