Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2002 4:13:28 PM EDT
I ws reading a recent issue of Gunworld, and the author was using a scoped .223 Encore for hunting javelina. In the sight-in, he said he was "pleased" that the gun was turning in 2 inch groups at 35 yards.
 Hmmm. With my poor math, that would seem to be about 6 inches at 100 yards. Is that all the performance the average hunter should expect? Also, he said he didn't want to shoot anything past 50 yds. What ranges do you shoot at? His load was a factory rem 55 gr., if I remember correctly. -Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Encore can and will do better than that. Sub MOA is possible with the right loads. I still prefer the Contender ( better trigger).
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
yea the encore will do better than that.
1 MOA is common with a scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top