Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2003 3:06:13 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with Zanotti Armor's module, interlocking gun vaults??
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They are fine but cost as much as a safe with firelining, but have no provision for a fire lining.

Depends upon what you want portability or fire lining.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 21-gun safe and I am very happy with it. The cost was a little cheaper than others and I could move it by myself. The heaviest piece is the door at 150 lbs, the interior is covered in marine carpet. It will not hole moisture and will no wick away the oil you leave on the gun. There is a hole in the back panel for a goldenrod dehumidifier cord and the model with the three draws on the bottom is an excellent storage for 12 handguns.
I am very pleased with the craftsmanship and the dealings I had with Mark Zanotti himself.
There is no firelining and like David said there is no provision for it.
308Sniper
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 52 gun, with shevlving 28 gun.  carpet lined, electronic lock. I am very pleased with the safe and Zanotti Armor.
Kev.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 60" 52 gun vault.  I love it.  If you want fire protection, build a 2 layer drywall enclosure.  In my situation, there was no way in hell to get a large vault into my house without running the risk of serious stair/wall damage; one of those blasted bi-levels.  Zanotti solved my problem.  By myself I brought in a 800 plus pound safe with nothing but a two-wheeled cart.  Assembled it by myself, and in two hours I had it mounted to the floor and the guns in it.  I am much more concerned about theft than fire.  Since it is on the lower level, the house would have to burn to the ground for the heat to get high enough to damage the contents, or so I was told by a friend of mine who is a fireman.  And the fire department has a full time substation only a mile from my house.  I think the Zanotti is a great safe and I am getting ready to buy my second, this time a taller 52 gun.  Dog-gone AR-50 has to be set in at an angle and takes up a whole roll of long-gun room.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top