Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2003 10:36:50 AM EDT
Take a look at this one.  It was just posted at the FALfiles.  Notice how many FALs there are.  Notice also that they are all the same configuration, unlike the AKs.  There is no way these are battle field pick-ups.  If these are not DSA's, I'd be shocked.

Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else find it humorous that their CO is the only guy wearing MARPAT?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
We adopt the rifle 50 years after we should have, how typical of the DoD.
But seriously them are some damm fine rifles and some nice AK's too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What does the second guy from the left standing have?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
But why would they issue DSA FALs to EOD guys?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still fixated on the muzzle device on the guy squatting to the left of the flag.  That doesn't look like a Belgium or a Stoll flash hider.  It looks suspiciously like the DSA flush mounted brake!  Maybe DSA modified it to reduce flash, but DSA is the only company I know of that makes flush brakes of any kind for the FAL.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The same reason dog licks their balls.  Because they can.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
EOD guys?

EOD  ??
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#9]
And that makes ZERO sense.  The military goes through the trouble of procuring non-standard weapons, and issues them to a unit without a special need for them and the ball licking analogy makes sense to you?

Thanks for illuminating the issue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Explosive Ordinance Diposal.  Its on their flag.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It`s speculation on my part, but they might want to use them on unexploded ordnance. Have a weapon with a heavier bullet with a longer effective range to detonate stuff from as far a way as possible. I think some Marine units use M14 s for that purpose (IIRC from a history channel show)
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

DOH!  might help if I read that huh
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DOH!  might help if I read that huh

RIF & ATD
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
This is total speculation but DSA a couple months back said they were out of receivers and that they couldn't take in any outside work right now as they were "too busy." The DSA guys are awesome and make an incredible rifle, I hope our guys are actually getting them . If I were there I would trade 4 M-16's for one DSA FAL any day of the week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, those aren't DSA rifles, that's a posed picture with some captured cool toys.

Those Para's are likely Argentine or Belgian.

Here's DSA's response:

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=bd2ae604fa84fa5a97335de746ca48ec&threadid=85343
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Nope, those aren't DSA rifles, that's a posed picture with some captured cool toys.

Those Para's are likely Argentine or Belgian.

Here's DSA's response:

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=bd2ae604fa84fa5a97335de746ca48ec&threadid=85343

Ditto-

Check the left side of the photo- see the Amtrack?  YAT-YAS, BABY.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Anyone else find it humorous that their CO is the only guy wearing MARPAT?

Look to the right of the Captain- that Marine is also wearing MARPAT.  

The Marine in the front row, all the way on the left side is an Amtracker (wearing a green nomex).  These EOD guys were probably carried by the two or three tracks in the background.

Here's a pic of some of the shit that they were constantly finding and blowing sky-high:

If I remember correctly, they would blow this shit precisely on the hour or half-hour.  If you heard explosions at any other time, it meant we were being attacked (again).
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#18]

"Sorry guys, we cannot talk about our customers.

In this particular photo, the rifles appear to be Argie or Herstal.

Depending on what your job is, its nice to have the appropriate tools to get
the job done.

Best Regards

DSA Inc."

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#19]
E O D   BABY!  Nice Pic!

SMall arms Uxo Disposal <SMUD>

7.62 x 51 is the SECOND preferred caliber to SMUD with.  FIRST is 12.5 x 99 (.50 cal) ala Barret.

Most units (Except NAVY EOD) lost the MTOE for the M14 (M1A) and got TWO of the Barret rifles instead.  Two rifles isn't enough for 20 guys doing SMUD Ops.  Local weapons are utilized to facilitate rapid mission completion.

Preferred ammo is Incendiary but AP will do.  Ball is OK, but the effects aren't as preferable.  5.56 x 45 is advised for small items (VS-50 type landmines the smaller land mines in the photo of all the land mines) and for submunitions.  Heavier cased munitions require a cartridge that will penetrate & agitate.  

ALL UNCLASSIFIED, PUBLIC RELEASABLE INFO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top