Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 6:30:13 AM EDT
Check out www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1028108409209106.xml for the latest incident of professional gun handling involving the "plastic fantastic."

Interestingly enough, it was a "Grock .40 mm pistol."  Yup, here in central NY, the reporters as just as gun savvy as elsewhere

Talk about an unlucky downstairs neighbor. Pretty good penetration of the ".40 mm" ammo however.....

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn guns!  Always going off after the ammunition is removed!  Bad gun!  Bad!  This wasn't no "freak accident!"  The damn gun did it!

When did Glock come out with a 40mm pistol?!?!?  I want one!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, how does a gun fire after you've already taken the "ammunition cartridge" out of the gun? Talk about a "freak accident"...

Is that one of the new .17 caliber ultra-high velocity Glocks?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I particularly liked the part where "the pistol fired. She then dropped it on the floor in her bedroom."

Hmmmmm, I guess they don't teach our local coppers to keep their f'in fingers off the trigger until you are ready to fire the gun.

An excellent display of training and gun handling. I for one, feel safer!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]

They (probation officers) go through a state firearms training program, the same program police officers take, Czaplicki said.

Hmmm, that makes me feel safer.  At least she's a "trained" idiot.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes and lets disarm IRS agents while were at it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The article must have been recently edited - badly.  Now it's a "Glock .40-mm pistol."  Hmm.  0.40mm is about 0.016".  Damn!  I bet that's one high-capacity firearm!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup. I was really comforted to see  "USDA" agents qualifying when I visited the Manchester Firing Line last month in NH. Something like 150 armed Federal agencys packing heat. Shit, I feel so safe I'm a gonna sell all my guns and sing Kumbaya, and set up speed dial for 911. Yup, thats the ticket.

Heh, at least the police were quickly on the scene....
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#9]
That is actually the Grock autoroading pistor, a cheap Chinese knockoff of the Glock. Velly unsafe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#10]
"It was freak accident! I swear! I put my finger on the trigger and it went off! Can you believe that? I touched the trigger and it FIRED?!? These things are unsafe. I now realize they can KILL somebody."

CRC
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is actually the Grock autoroading pistor, a cheap Chinese knockoff of the Glock. Velly unsafe.

I blame Dick Marcinko (SP?) for this
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Why the hell do probation officers need to be armed?  What's next? DMV personnel?  Postal workers? (oh, wait, they armed themselves years ago). United Way volunteers?  Salvation Army bell ringers?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why the hell do probation officers need to be armed?  What's next? DMV personnel?  Postal workers? (oh, wait, they armed themselves years ago). United Way volunteers?  Salvation Army bell ringers?

Ummm, MCFLY.

I can answer this 2 ways.

1) Why does anyone NEED to be armed. I think by the time you finished reading that you thought of a few reasons and answered your own question.

2) Who exactly do you think Probation Officers, supervise? Which may require home visits, work visits, or taking the "client" into custody. Probation officer often work alone w/o radios etc.

A better question may be why was the gun being unloaded? The more you manipulate it the more likely something like this is. Plus an unloaded weapon makes a poor "throwing weapon". How about securing it loaded.............
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally posted by SP10
I particularly liked the part where "the pistol fired. She then dropped it on the floor in her bedroom."

They forgot the part about her wetting her pants immediately thereafter.

Saleen
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
"freak accident."

She's the "freak" and she must have been issued
the weapon by "accident."
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#16]
and people wonder why the department armorers put heavy trigger pulls on the guns,
at least this wasn't like the last lady who passed a loaded glock around the class!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And they will concurrently grant themselves Immunity From Prosecution for their "mistakes".
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm, MCFLY.

I can answer this 2 ways.

1) Why does anyone NEED to be armed. I think by the time you finished reading that you thought of a few reasons and answered your own question.

2) Who exactly do you think Probation Officers, supervise? Which may require home visits, work visits, or taking the "client" into custody. Probation officer often work alone w/o radios etc.

A better question may be why was the gun being unloaded? The more you manipulate it the more likely something like this is. Plus an unloaded weapon makes a poor "throwing weapon". How about securing it loaded.............

Yo, Adrian,

(1) You think wrong.

(2) Probation officers perform an administrative function, not a law enforcement function.  When's the last time you got pulled over by the flashing red and blues and a probation officer walked up to the car and said "may I see your license and registration, please?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top