Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/7/2003 3:38:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 6:46:03 PM EDT by Jimmo]
This morning, the third sale I rolled up on,on a table next to the carport is a old .22 semi,With a HUGE Icky 3x9x40 noname scope,Good bases though (weavers).
He's asking $75 and I say are you firm on the price?His reply is - I killed fiffteen squirrels off my pecan trees last year.Each one fell on the first shot.So yep.It's a shooter.
I caved in and paid the $75.After searching the web'I can not find anything about this Savage,Model 187 H Springfield.It's missing the rear sight(removed for scope,I'm hoping to find one at Numriech's)The rifle cleaned up nice,And after shooting with it this afternoon,I found no failures of any kind and the Ol man was right...It's a "Shooter".
Jimmo

Edited because I typed in the wrong model # .
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:50:50 PM EDT
Well aren't you special . I have been to at least a dozen yard sales this weekend and the closest thing I could find to a gun deal was a Daisy bb gun mock up of a Smith auto pistol .

I passed on it though My 8 yrs old son would
of loved to have it .

Just gotta keep lookin I guess
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:00:31 PM EDT
The rifle was a nice find...But it's nothing,when compared to some of the yardsale I items I passed on,Like the used tupperware bowls,and used children's toys!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:41:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ranman223:
Well aren't you special . I have been to at least a dozen yard sales this weekend and the closest thing I could find to a gun deal was a Daisy bb gun mock up of a Smith auto pistol .

I passed on it though My 8 yrs old son would
of loved to have it .

Just gotta keep lookin I guess

So true. I always show up after an entire collection has been sold. I hate garadgesaling for guns, but I cant help myself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:49:14 AM EDT
Thats odd.....this morning at a estate auction a that same rifle, but without scope sold for $130 to an old man who appeared to have come just to buy that gun. The wooden stock was in kinda poor shape too, so if you have a good looking one you might have quite a find on your hands.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 11:53:41 AM EDT by 308wood]
this is AR15.com

not www.yardsale.com
Top Top