Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2013 11:06:06 AM EDT
I got bit by the suppressor bug. Already have a Tac-65, a Kestrel 5.56, and now I am looking to complete the list with a .30 cal can.

Local shop can get me either the Phantom M2 QD or the Phantom LT QD for the same price. Anyone have first hand recommendations for either? This will be going on an 11.5" SBR .300 blk, and maybe some 5.56 use.

THanks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt many people have 1st hand experience with either the new M2 or the LT's/ LTA because they are pretty new.  I looked at both a few months ago and went with the M2, just because it can handle 300WM. I think the LT has better DB reduction though (for normal 7.62).  I went with the M2 just because this is probably the last rifle can I will get with 41P coming down.  For your calibers mentioned - I would go with the LT.  Good luck.

EDIT- AND MAKE SURE YOU E-FILE.....apparently those are getting approved in warp speed time..... like 4months
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I pulled the trigger on a purchase 1 mo ago, for the M2.   If you have no desire to go w a bigger caliber than 308, and stay in the 30 cal range, then knock yourself out.

If you want to shoot 300 win mag and everything smaller thru ur can, the M2 is hard to beat for the price and versatility.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Yeah this is not going on anything bigger than .308. I like that they both use the QD methods, and based on the overall dimensions I am thinking that the LT would be the nicer of the two, at least from the AR platform standpoint.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the M2 after watching the 30 cal suppressor video at The Silencer Shop, the only one that beat theM2 was the Specwar 7.62.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Not that its relevant.

I bought a YHM 5.56 SS Phantom on Wednesday, I went in looking for a 7.62 can, but got a smoking deal on the 5.56 one.

(I have no .30 rifles other than my AK's and they are bad hosts, so 5.56 will be my main jazz)
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sending in my E-form on a Ti QD Phantom my shop has tomorrow

Between those two, I would go with the LT for your purposes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Got the green light to go with the YHM Phantom LT. Time to get the dealer in motion. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top