Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:25:55 AM EDT
Anyone have any news or pics? Hope soemone didn't already post the same question...
Thanks.
S.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:40:01 AM EDT
I leave today for shot show...one of the first booths I am gonna hit is Robarms....I will try to sneak some pics and post later
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:05:05 AM EDT
Thanks. Been searching around. Thought there would be some by now 13:05EST.
S.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:15:18 PM EDT
I have also been looking for some XCR pics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:35:52 PM EDT
Dont mean to be cute, but check out the Sig 556.

All the nice features of the XCR, from a more stable company, for less money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:28:29 PM EDT
Well, all the nice features aside from the folding stock!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:14:55 PM EDT
IMO it looks like a cheap POS. I am a HUGE Sig fan and am very disappointed with it for all of the reasons discussed in other threads.
Now, let's hope the XCR I already have on order isn't 1 as well. Could be...and let's not mention Robarm service...
I'm VERY skeptical.
Where are the pics?
S
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:58 PM EDT
Hey SURGE, I put my name on the list at Robarms for the XCR in Nov. of 04, and have'nt heard anything since then. How about you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:53:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CIB:

there have been around 500 replies to various SIG 556 threads, and I cannot find it now, but I do recall someone saying it will be available with a folder

maybe it was wishful thinking, but I do remember reading it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:56 PM EDT
Hey CIB.
I've given up asking about it and calling Robinson. My dealer is getting the same story from them as the blurbs they put on their sad site. The magic 1 part missing speech. You know...they are ALMOST there...Almost there...almost there. I've been on a list for about the same amount of time.
We'll see.
Later.
S.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:30:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

there have been around 500 replies to various SIG 556 threads, and I cannot find it now, but I do recall someone saying it will be available with a folder

Saw mention of that around. Can't understand why they dramatically departed from the original design. Give me the folder, get rid of that fugly uncomfortable grip, and do something about the fore end and I'll force myself to accept the AR mag change and buy 1. Maybe.
I think it's wishful thinking.
What's the MSRP anyway?
Thanks.
S.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:44:10 PM EDT
The Robinson Arms guys are terrible businessmen. Just talked to a person at the SHOT show regarding getting in touch with them to get M96 spare parts since all my emails and phone calls went unanswered. They said, oh yeah, they don't get around to their email or phone cause they are busy. F them, nice customer service. My guess is they will eventually go under with that type of attitude and not being able to produce any product.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:48:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wespe:
The Robinson Arms guys are terrible businessmen. Just talked to a person at the SHOT show regarding getting in touch with them to get M96 spare parts since all my emails and phone calls went unanswered. They said, oh yeah, they don't get around to their email or phone cause they are busy. F them, nice customer service. My guess is they will eventually go under with that type of attitude and not being able to produce any product.

i hear ya!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:25:44 PM EDT
Here's a quote from an email I received from my dealer buddy @ the show about an hr ago. He know's what I'm looking for and is keeping me posted. Isn't that nice...Why the F..K am I not there?
Oh that's right, WORK.
"I saw the Robinson XCR and it was VERY nice. They had four different ones there and one with about 10,000 rounds through it. They start actual mass production the week following the shot show. In seeing it, taking it apart, and speaking with the General Manager I feel it will be well worth your wait."
I trust his judgement.
But, we'll see...
S.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:10:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SURGE:
They start actual mass production the week following the shot show.

I am some what, shall we say, skeptical... At the last SHOT I think they were saying two weeks. So hopefully by next years SHOT.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:12:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Moe-Ron:

I am some what, shall we say, skeptical... At the last SHOT I think they were saying two weeks. So hopefully by next years SHOT.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:09:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By STG77:

Originally Posted By Moe-Ron:

[
ROFL2]

+1

dont make deadlines that you know you cant meet....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:08 AM EDT
They are going to have to blow peoples minds when they FINALLY release it, missing deadlines by a year is ABSOLUTLEY REDICULOUS. DIESEL
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT
Maybe its made by the same factory as the Shrike.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:49:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Saw mention of that around. Can't understand why they dramatically departed from the original design. Give me the folder, get rid of that fugly uncomfortable grip, and do something about the fore end and I'll force myself to accept the AR mag change and buy 1. Maybe.
I think it's wishful thinking.
What's the MSRP anyway?
Thanks.
S.

Two words: "pre-production prototype". With all of the negative feedback that they've received about the choices of furniture, I find it hard to believe that SiG isn't going to do anything about it.

It would be wise of them to have multiple choices of furniture that can be selected at the time the customer orders the rifle, much like RRA has on their website.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:51:58 PM EDT
Right now Robinson should be blowing more than minds with the amount of BS they've been slinging.
Like I said...we'll see. Let's cosider this a back-burner project.
Maybe we'll be able to choose the intensity of the laser beam it will shoot once it's done.
S.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:04:55 PM EDT
If FN is releasing the SCAR, who needs the XCR and crappy customer service? Unless there is something the XCR does that the SCAR cannot?

P.S.: Shotguns tomorrow?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:09:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BridgerNY:
If FN is releasing the SCAR, who needs the XCR and crappy customer service? Unless there is something the XCR does that the SCAR cannot?

I hope they are.
Think my AR needs a hug right now though...
P.S.: Girlfriend tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:11:26 PM EDT
I hope someone from robinson reads this...and all the others too

Diesel
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:20:34 AM EDT
The deal with the XCR is that they waited too long and the price is ridiculous.

The FN Scar will be less money, the Sig is less money, etc...

Robarms needs to sell that thing at a grand or under (nicely equipped).

Trying to charge Cadillac prices for an untested product is insanity.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:48:16 PM EDT
Any idea on the price of the SCAR or SIG?

Originally Posted By cmeyer001:
The deal with the XCR is that they waited too long and the price is ridiculous.

The FN Scar will be less money, the Sig is less money, etc...

Robarms needs to sell that thing at a grand or under (nicely equipped).

Trying to charge Cadillac prices for an untested product is insanity.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:39:03 AM EDT
I havent seen a single XCR SHOT SHOW pic anywhere
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:43:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Variablebinary:
I havent seen a single XCR SHOT SHOW pic anywhere

That's because they all got shipped to dealers 2 weeks after the SAR show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:34:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BridgerNY:

+1.

The only way for Robarms to make it through all this is to deliver a stunning rifle and start working on its customer service/relations.

A smallish company can't survive for long doing business they way they've gone about things the last three or four years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
if you guys want I took a few pics of the XCR at the show.....not bad, but not as good as what I was expecting...I dont know it just looked kind of, well generic......my main reason for going to shot was for the XCR...when i left all i could think about was the FN SCAR H.....I wont be buying an XCR now
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:02:52 PM EDT
I would like to see the pics if possible. I want a Scar also but 2-3 years, I may get the XCR to hold me over until the Scar is available. Do you have any pics of the Scars? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:20:19 PM EDT
yes I have pics of the XCR and the SCAR...my SCAR pics are just the same as the pics posted earlier but if someone is willing to post my pics they can as I have no idea how to do it
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:45:03 PM EDT
I am still waiting on the belt fed M96.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:04:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By survivorman:
yes I have pics of the XCR and the SCAR...my SCAR pics are just the same as the pics posted earlier but if someone is willing to post my pics they can as I have no idea how to do it

Send them to me my brother, and I shall post them!! (That is, if someone has'nt done so already).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:02:59 PM EDT
Pricing on the Sig is projected to be around 1300...

figure probably 1800 for the SCAR

according to robarms.com, rifle with folding stock and sights comes in at 1600.

so, I spend about 300 less and get the Sig, or 200 more for the SCAR, hell even if the SCAR comes in at 2000, still a better value than the XCR.

1600 for a gun we have no real idea of how it's going to work long term... uhhh... not for me.

Again, sell it as above for around 1000 (like 989.95) and you may have a chance.

Just my opinion, but geez...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:46:11 PM EDT
I have heard the SIG and the SCAR will be lower, but at this stage in the game it's anyone's guess..........I agree that the XCR is kinda high

Originally Posted By cmeyer001:
Pricing on the Sig is projected to be around 1300...

figure probably 1800 for the SCAR

according to robarms.com, rifle with folding stock and sights comes in at 1600.

so, I spend about 300 less and get the Sig, or 200 more for the SCAR, hell even if the SCAR comes in at 2000, still a better value than the XCR.

1600 for a gun we have no real idea of how it's going to work long term... uhhh... not for me.

Again, sell it as above for around 1000 (like 989.95) and you may have a chance.

Just my opinion, but geez...

Top Top