Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2002 3:18:43 PM EDT
I just bought a couple packs of Wolf ammo today.

The .45 ACP has the standard "greenish clearcoat" on it...

The 9mm stuff has a COPPER-COLORED steel casing with no sign of the laquer...and it did not smell bad at all.

The soft steel case ALMOST feels like brass with this copper stuff on it.

Is this new? Did wolf find a BETTER coating?
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be from a different supplier

I have a mess of 7.62x39 with both coatings, soem is a brownish lacquer, and the others are copper washed...

No difference between the two that I can see, except that the lacquer is easy to clean after, adn the other stuff leaves alot of copper in the chamber and bolt face....

Mine was a mix of wolf and Norinco....
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I read somewhere on the internet that they were going to not lacquer coat some calibres of ammo, due to problems with it in tighter chambered, but I thought it was the 5.56mm.   This could have all been rumour from another poster, but I remember reading it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top