Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:41:57 PM EDT
If it were a clone I wouldn't mind at all..but it's a real HK.  I could shoot more if I used Wolf...period. Do I have to worry about killing the finish or extractor?  I do use a port buffer...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If it were a clone I wouldn't mind at all..but it's a real HK.  I could shoot more if I used Wolf...period. Do I have to worry about killing the finish or extractor?  I do use a port buffer...

Personally, the ONLY Wolf ammo I would shoot is 7.62x39.  Go get some South African from Interordinance.  I don't trust Russian cars or ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
wolf is fine....the HK is a damn battle rifle it will eat shit and spit it out....if your really worried though Wolf is now making a 308 brass cased ammo (Wolf Gold)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd only use brass cased ammo in an HK. Wolf Gold is comparable to other commercial stuff in quality and price, South African 7.62 NATO surplus is the best and its inexpensive.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's what HK had to say about steel cased ammunition:

"Cartridge case obturation, the greatest uncertainty factor in every automatic weapon, is reduced so much by the introduction and further development of the fluted chamber and has become uniform for all types of cartridge cases, including lacquered steel cases, that operation is reliable in every situation, even under the most adverse firing conditions. - Heckler & Koch, GmbH 1970"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never seen Wolf .308 cheaper than good surplus. Try AIM to get the good surplus.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"Cartridge case obturation, the greatest uncertainty factor in every automatic weapon, is reduced so much by the introduction and further development of the fluted chamber and has become uniform for all types of cartridge cases, including lacquered steel cases, that operation is reliable in every situation, even under the most adverse firing conditions. - Heckler & Koch, GmbH 1970"

Sounds like Wolf is A-O-K.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd only use brass cased ammo in an HK. Wolf Gold is comparable to other commercial stuff in quality and price, South African 7.62 NATO surplus is the best and its inexpensive.

I would be hard pressed to say its the "best". Check out the following thread concerning SA ammo made in the 1980-81.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=197345

However, ive heard from many users the portugese ammo is the "best". If your so lucky to get your hands on some.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...... including lacquered steel cases, that operation is reliable in every situation, even under the most adverse firing conditions. - Heckler & Koch, GmbH 1970"

Osprey21

Thank you for posting that. I remember seeing it once before and could not remember where to refenece it.

Folks could smell some coffee in this regard. I'm not afraid of the steel. That said, Wolf is still more that surplus but maybe not for long.

JR
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Operation may be as reliable, but there MUST be more wear with steel in the chamber versus brass.  Questions is whether or not said wear is significantly higher over time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]
When I just want to plink I shoot wolf. All my ar15s eat it, my ptr91 and of course my aks. I would not shoot wolf in a m1 garand because of the rifle being set up around the 150 gr bullets and burn rate of the correct powder(my m1 garand sits in the safe because of my ammo concerns for it). If it can't shoot wolf it can't be much of a shtf rifle . I wonder if wolf makes a 45/70 round?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top