Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 6:01:04 PM EDT
www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/612231/posts
Except single shots...under the guise of anti-terror legislation
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got to be kidding! If this passed, I think the S would HTF!

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
it will never pass
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
May all their muggers show up in pairs....
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it will never pass

I realize that... But its still an outrage to think they would even think about this sort of "anti terror" legislation. It make me sick!

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Typical stupid politician!  This kind of stuff raises my blood pressure!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Per an Asst. AG, I heard that the AG's position is that these firearms are included by a SNAFU made by the Legislative Reference Bureau (or something like that).  They said the language will be changed to make sure these firearms are not banned.  A paraphrase is "Wisconsin hunters and fisherman have nothing to worry about."

Since when do fisherman use guns?  Maybe this was a Freudian slip and they're looking to ban hooks, lines and sinkers next.  Actually, what I think he meant is "Your Remington 700 is safe [for now], but we're going after all the 'assault weapons' and cop killer stuff."

God help us if Jim Doyle wins the next gubernatorial race....
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Any legiscritter that votes for something like that needs to be targeted for removal!!!

Targeted is correct. Thru a leupold scope. With a singleshot Bolt action Rifle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Some deluded &*%^$$** named Ariele Goldman or some such from Watertown(?), MA always submits a bill every year to the legislature asking that ALL firearms be banned, except for those belonging to the police and military. No chance of passing- well, this time, anyway. But just watch out, if we aren't vigilant....

Yes, there are such idiots out there. How soon the lessons of the Holocaust are forgotten....

The key to understanding the American system is to imagine that you have the
power to make nearly any law you want. But your worst enemy will be the one
to enforce it.
- --RICK COOK
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I agree it is unlikely to pass - this time...

But the future it does portend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's that kook Baumgart's email address:

[email protected]

The Wisconsin legislature's website:

www.legis.state.wi.us/senate/senate.html

Senator Dave Zein's press release concerning this:

www.legis.state.wi.us/senate/sen23/news/pr20001.htm

The offending bill is Senate Bill 363, and the offending passages are:
947.07(1)(c)
947.07(1)(d)
947.07(1)(f)
947.07(2)(a)
947.07(3)(a)
947.07(7)(c)
947.07(8)

Under the last, you could be arrested and jailed for having a PHOTO that shows you with a multi-shot gun!!!

I live in Florida, and I've already fired off a moderately nasty letter to this cocksucker.  The rest of you guys should do the same!

Don't let the bastard get away with it!!!

CJ

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Big_Bear's moving list. (in no particular order)

(1) Texas
(2) Florida
(3) Vermont
(4) Arizona
(5) Nevada
(6) Wisconsin
(7) Kentucky
(8) Tennessee
(9) Oregon

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#13]
there would be a shitstorm if they came for mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  Don't know who said that but they were right on!!

I believe those were Patrick Henry's words, and they still ring true.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
If we could just move the Illinois border about 100 miles north so that Madison and Milwaukee would become Chicago suburbs we could once again be a great state.  I am tired of the whole state taking it in the shorts because of those buffoons.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
You folks in Madison must have a bunch of liberals liviing there.  A few years ago when Wisconsin went to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., a bunch of folks dressed in red boo'd the float from the Pasadena Hunt Club(they were the originator of Rose Parade) when it came down the Colorado Blvd during the Rose Parade. I said to myseilf, boy those folks were rude.  Later, I got my revenge after the parade; as I was passing the porta-potty for the woman, they had ran out of TP, of course I always carry some of that stuff with me just in case; of course silly me did share ANY of it with the ladies from Wisonsin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
    You sir are a disgrace. Our forefathers would roll over in their graves if they heard of such a proposal. It is the right of man to protect himself and family from criminals and the GOVERNMENT if need be with the aid of weapons such as firearms. Not just a sheet of paper called the Bill Of Rights says we are free. You liberal left-wing pukes will push us gun owners to the edge one day and American Citizens have every right to rise up against a treasonous government if that's what it takes. I'm an American by birth, but I'm truly free due to the fact I can own firearms. All laws are made with the intent that force could be use to enforce them, but Americans can push back if the time comes. You sir are a traitor.

Matthew Shaun Daugherty

Army Veteran
NRA Member
American Citizen that has the right and does bear arms.

This is what is what I just emailed the dirtbag. It was a little hurried, but I think he will get the idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top