Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 9:46:54 AM EDT
Anyone seen these? Their specs read like the Benelli M4, only these are available now - no 2-3 year wait. If I only read the spec sheet & didn't know the maker, I'd swear it was the Benelli M4. They use a (similar?) gas op system, picatinney rail, 8-shot tube (+1 round more than the M4's), semi-auto, etc., etc.

Anyone out there try these out? How do they rate? Gun rags seem to rate them highly, say they eat everything reliably, shot well, etc., etc.

Opinions/e-pinions?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to learn more also.
*BUMP*
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn.that gun looks like the real thing, only blacker and without the pistol grip. I like...........but do i get this? or another AR?
oh the decisisons..
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
They retail over a grand... Dunno about dropping that much on a Winchester.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a ad in Shotgun News,I think,for @$780.00
when the new wears off the price will come down.Looks like this August when Simmons has their 12 mos.same as cash...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The winchester is made by browning. Same gas operating system.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
That Super X2 looks kinda nice, but I wonder if a 22" barrel is a little long for close encounters?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The winchester is made by browning. Same gas operating system.

Actually the Winchester Super X2 Practical is made by FN in Belgium, as opposed to other Winchester firearms that are now being made by Miroku in Japan. I own a Super X2 Practical MK I which is the same as the gun in question but with out the AR style front sight and protected ghost ring rear sight. Instead it has a folding rear leaf sight at the base of the picatinny rail (which also doubles as a "U" shaped sighting surface) and a blade style front sight with a removable fiber optic insert. It is very nice and very very fast. Absolutely the fastest auto-loading shotgun I’ve ever fired and a big improvement over its predecessor action, the Super X model 1.

The fit and finish is top notch on these guns, just what you would expect from FN. They are easy handling, fast shooting, and function with a wide variety of loads. A friend of mine uses one to shoot 3 gun competitions and he claims it will eat even the lightest of loads that his Benelli routinely fails to cycle. My only qualm is the barrel length, 22" does make it a bit harder to clear tight corners but then again this wouldn’t be my "go to" shotgun in that type of situation.

Overall the gun is nice and anyone looking for a comparable shotgun made by Benelli or Beretta would be well advised to look into the Super X2 Practical as well. They are more than worth the money and come packaged in a nice Winchester hard case.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top