Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2003 3:00:41 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new Automatic shottie.  I really enjoy my 1200 but want something automatic.  I saw their SuperX2 3" and thought it looked good with reasonable pricing.  But we all know how bad automatics CAN be.  So what's the word?  Anybody have them??  They claim you can shoot anything down to 1 1/8 2.75 loads and get reliable action?  True?  What about when the weather turns bad??  Any input from someone who has one of these would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Certainly someone has one of these, they aren't THAT new!! hehe.

Seriously, any comments would be great.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any direct experience with the SuperX2 but regarding the general reliability of the Beretta and Browning autoloading gas guns I do own I'd say they RARELY malfunction if properly maintained, certainly no more than someone might short-shuck a pump under stress.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and love it and to date have not had any problems with it and have used a wide variety of ammo from 3" magnums to skeet loads.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, so even the 1 1/8oz. 3Dram "economy" loads seem to work alright??

Just wondering as this would be likely to see a good amount of trap as well as field duty.  

Thanks both of you for your input.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
In my experience the Super X 2 is reliable and not very prone to breakage. Now the bad part. My only frame of reference is the 3.5" version.

It functions reliably with all Federal 3.5" loads
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are interested in the SX2, you might also want to check out this: www.fnhusa.com/contents/sg_selfloading.htm
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The SX2 is mechanically the same as the Browning Gold except it lacks the "Speed Load" feature.  My wife's Gold Sporting has been trouble free for several years.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I was about to buy a Rem 11-87 police but....I saw the FN Self loading Police Shotgun on the FN web site.  

It is indeed a Winchester action but has a lot of extra's.  Short 13" stock that I like, ghost ring sights and a picatinney rail for optics.  

Any one have expeirence with these?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:54:14 AM EDT
[#9]
A buddy has one....can not get it to run reliably for anything.  It will not feed properly.  I have heard of this problem from some others.  Another guy I know has one, and it runs like a champ.  Seems like this may be the shotgun lottery.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi-CapMag - His doesn't happen to be the 3 1/2 model does it??  I was talking shop with the guy at the gun shop, talking about reliability.  He said the 3" worked great for anything, but the 3 1/2 has a slightly reworked gas system for those hotter loads, he said with appropriate shells, it works as good as the 3", but with the lighter trap and target, they were very unreliable, which I could understand that.  

Is this the case??

Gundraw
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope, he has the 3 inch -- the "Practical" model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top