Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:27:41 AM EST
Looking at buying either the Defender 8 or the Blackshadow w/cantilever. The question I have is, the Defender 8 comes with only the cylinder bore for a choke. How easy is it to have it threaded for chokes and cost? Otherwise I will buy the Blackshadow and put an extension tube on it.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:42:53 PM EST
The 1300 can be threaded for choke tubes.

Price depends on who's doing it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:08:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 10:09:21 PM EST by muddydog]
i have both...

get the defender and thread for chokes then get a couple of briley extended chokes..for it.

a full and a I/C

can you get a defender with rifle sights???

i havent found a after market mag extension for my black shadow i like.....

oooorrrrr

just get the FN..its got everything you need...
ext mag
sights
Drilled and tapped
winchoked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:17:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By muddydog:
i have both...

get the defender and thread for chokes then get a couple of briley extended chokes..for it.

a full and a I/C

can you get a defender with rifle sights???

i havent found a after market mag extension for my black shadow i like.....

oooorrrrr

just get the FN..its got everything you need...
ext mag
sights
Drilled and tapped
winchoked.

I picked up an FN the other day while out shopping. You do not want one!!!!! Your cheek bone is firmly pressed down against the "buffer tube" in order to get a good sight picture. Not something I want to do with a 12 ga.

The Camp Defender comes with sights but has a 22" barrel and comes with wood. Now seeings as I will be putting on an ATI pistol grip stock, I will just have to cahange the forearm. This looks like my best option. It is 8 shot and has the chokes. Just got to change out the funiture.

I talked with a few gun shops and the cost of threading a barrel for chokes would be more than the furniture change. Half of which I am already doing.

Thanks guys
Top Top