Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 4:16:50 PM EDT
I saw one for 200 bucks is this a good deal?  anyone have experience with it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw one for 200 bucks is this a good deal?  anyone have experience with it?

If new, So, So; Used..go lower. It's got a nice deep throat; a perfect statement against Sarah Brady and the gang.

Randy
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard Catalog of Firearms, 2000 edition lists the following US values regardless of gauge or stock options:

Model 1300 Defender, 5 or 8 shot:
NIB $250
EXC $200
VG $175
G $150
F $125

I like 'em.  Slick, fast, points well.  Would be nicer with a screw in choke system IMO.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I guess Ill pass on it.  I didn't know if the new ones were more expensive.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine brand new for 200 but in most gun shops around here they are $250-300.  

Of course here in California everything is more expensive.  Always peeves me when I see people saying they got their Kimber customs or springfield loades for under 600 bucks.

As for the gun itself, I love it.  It quickly rose to be one of my top three fun guns.  Cycles like butter, looks great, and has the truglo front sight.  I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO the 1300 Defender is a superior tactical shotgun that's sort of a secret.  After trying several other brands, some modified and some not, I stttled on a wood furniture Defender.

I've had it for ten years and nothing has changed my mind yet.  We added a Maglite on the mag tube back in '90 and a 1907 leather sling and that's all.  This was before the days of fancy flashlight holders.  Someday may add ghost-ring sights but it shoots where I look so what's the use?

What I like best about the 1300 were the two slides and the way the action pre-cycles as soon as you pull the trigger.  It's just really smooth and fast.

But I'm trying to get a Benelli M-4 so there you go.

Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine for $175 used, but have since added a Choate stock and forend, and a side saddle, I like it so much that I got a 1300 new in 20 ga for dove this year. I never liked pumps till I got this Winchester. As soon as I can afford it, the defender gets a top folding stock.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine new for just under $200 w/ the black synthetic furniture.  I can't think of any way in which the Mossberg I used to own or the 870's I've used with the SO are superior.  Get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top