Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:51:25 AM EDT
Hi

I was wondering what is the advantage of replacing the currrent Rem870 follower with the Scattergun Tech Follower other than the color?

Also I noticed that VangComp offers a follower as well....Any big difference between the Wilson Combat Scattergun Follower and VangComp Follower?

thx

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I replaced mine with Wilson because the factory ones have been known the fail (crack, break, ect.)  I have never had one fail though I didn't want to take the chance,  I have never seen one of the Van Comp ones myself but I hear they are good.  I like mine and it works well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Vang hi-vis plastic follower in my 870P.  It works a lot better with the Remington 3-shot mag extension than the factory follower.  The factory follower distorts under the higher spring pressure with the extended mag, and gets stuck when I tried to fully load it.  No problems with the Vang follower.  I've also got one of the Vang stainless followers, but have not tried it yet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have actually had a failure in a Rem. 870 Express with the factory follower. I am not a shotgun expert but a RKI, since the 'problem' actually happened to me.

The small, flattish factory unit stuck in the tube under spring pressure, it got sideways and failed to follow the shells.  Happened at the range.

The Wilson and Choate units have the little "tail" to prevent this from happening, sort of like a guide rod, really.  I have not handled the Vang; I have a Wilson/Scattergun in one 870 and the Choate in the other.  I am sure the Vang is a nice unit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Dunno about  Remmys since I'm a Mossberg man............

But I do have Choate or SGT plastic "high visibility" followers in all of my social Mossbergs.  I also installed new Wolff +10% mag tube springs to replace the "set" prone OE springs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top