Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
looking to get an Eagle CIRAS and was wondering if I could use my interceptor vest soft armor for it. Would it have to be modified? If so is it difficult to do? And what plates fit in the Eagle CIRAS?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The CIRAS takes BALCS-cut soft armor only and will fit any size rifle plate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
short - NO

modify NO

most multicurve plates fit

dont skimp
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Lightfighter has BALCS-cut soft armor, but their stock situation is always a shot in the dark at best.  Paraclete sells BALCS too, but they will be more expensive than LF.  And finally, Diamondback Tactical sells BALCS-cut, but only if you purchase one of their vests to put it in.  I'd keep your eyes open on the EE or call LF.  Keep in mind that the size of your CIRAS is the size of the soft armor you will need.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
take your soft armor and put it in one of Genes  from HSGI  "centurion" accepts interceptor soft armor, SAPI plates and has a cumberbund also
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
take your soft armor and put it in one of Genes  from HSGI  "centurion" accepts interceptor soft armor, SAPI plates and has a cumberbund also

I didn't know you could do that!
where can I get one and how much?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
What about the RAV Vest?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
umm

www.hsgi.us  ?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What about the RAV Vest?

what about it?  are you asking if it fits IBA,? NO

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's another option for your interceptor soft armor.  The TAG Spartan offered fromTactical Applications Group for $185.  It's not on the website, you have to call.  It also has hugh front and back hard plate pockets.  It's designed to accept your 3 piece IBA panels.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's another option for your interceptor soft armor.  The TAG Spartan offered fromTactical Applications Group for $185.  It's not on the website, you have to call.  It also has hugh front and back hard plate pockets.  It's designed to accept your 3 piece IBA panels.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Dump1567/tag3.jpg

+1 for the TAG Spartan.  I don't have one, but a lot of Marines at Lejeune were buying them up at the rapid rate before deploying in recent years.  The owner of TAG is a great guy and genuine hero too.  He and his wife are great folks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I EM'd TAG and asked what the difference was between the Interceptor vest and The Spartan.
Here is what they said;

The vest is side opening instead of front opening and the shoulders are adjustable. It also has the ability to accept the issue neck, throat and groin protector. If you place an order for one, it will come with instructions on how to put all of the pieces into the vest to make it work properly. If you have any other questions please let me know and thanks for the pic.

LISA QUINLAN
TACTICAL APPLICATIONS GROUP
1941 LEJEUNE BLVD.
JACKSONVILLE, NC 28546
Office: 910 938-4529
Cell:   910 389-7341
Fax:    910 938-9529

The vests are on back order for until April and go for 175
Not bad I may have to get one!

I would like to see the straps on the back and wonder if it will accept a belt?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know of any armor carriers that will accept a belt.  The back of the TAG carrier looks alot like the front, except there's a drag handle up top, and a row of PALS on the plate flap instead of Velcro for patches.  

I checked out the newest TAG Spartans at their shop (must've been just before they sold out) and the plate pocket is much bigger on the newest ones; mine was an earlier version and it was a tight fit with a USGI SAPI.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's the back.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's the back.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Dump1567/tag2.jpg

No straps on the side?!

I may just keep wearing my vest over the OTV or put more mole straps on my OTV
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
No straps on the side?!

The bare spot you see on the back/side is covered by the overlap.  If yours has a lot of side exposed, go one size bigger and cinch it up a bit more.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No straps on the side?!

The bare spot you see on the back/side is covered by the overlap.  If yours has a lot of side exposed, go one size bigger and cinch it up a bit more.  

Its just missing too much. No real side mole straps & no belt loops. I think Im going to stick with my DOAV over my OTV. Im shocked that no one hasn't come up with a better vest for OTV soft armor. It cant be that hard to make.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]
TT is working on this TT ACU IBA Cover for the interceptor type soft armor panels: (you may need to be a member of lightfighter to access.)

Pics from Lightfighter (not affilated with this post, just posting the pics from lightfighter):

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
TT is working on this TT ACU IBA Cover for the interceptor type soft armor panels: (you may need to be a member of lightfighter to access.)

Pics from Lightfighter (not affilated with this post, just posting the pics from lightfighter):
i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/kacmark/IBAfront.jpg
i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/kacmark/IBAback.jpg
i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/kacmark/IBAKFront.jpg
i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/kacmark/IBAKback.jpg
i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/kacmark/IBAKSide.jpg

Looks good but how do you put your subload on it with out belt loops?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Looks good but how do you put your subload on it with out belt loops?

You DON'T put your subloads on it. Subloads are meant to attach to a duty belt, not the pistol belt that usually attaches to vests and LBVs. There's a reason none of these armor carriers have belt loops on them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wore this in Iraq.
Fantastic piece of gear.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy fuck Dump, that TT vest is MONEY. Checked out the thread on LF and the LT that has it is a buddy of mines PL, Imma try and wander up the hill and fingerfuck his gear and catch a ride to TT, heh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top