Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2009 8:54:46 AM EDT
Hey All -

I'm working a DIY Recce Project and I had a couple of questions for those of you that have more knowledge than myself when it comes to suppressors. Here is what I have so far, and what I'm interested it, is if the suppressor I'm leaning towards will work with the barrel, handguard option I'm leaning towards.

Lower Receiver:
Spikes Tactical Lower
Stag LPK
Magpul MIAD
Magpul UBR
Geisselle SSA Trigger
KNS Trigger Pins

Upper Receiver:
Upper Receiver? (Haven't decided on one yet, although I'm leaning towards a Larue Billet Upper)
Noveske 14.5" Afghan Barrel
KG Gun Kote by ADCO
Daniel Defense 12" Lite Rail
Troy BUIS
Trijicon TA31F
PRI Gas Buster
AAC M4/SPR Suppressor and Flash Suppressor

So what it boils down to is, will there be enough room on that barrel to do a 12" rail with a 14.5" barrel and the AAC M4/SPR suppressor. I've tried to find out how much barrel is needed for the M4/SPR mount, but haven't found any exact information as of yet. So if anyone out there could help, that would be great.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
call aac they will know and will be glad to help.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Just shot them an e-mail...lets see what they say.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The SPR/M4 mount comes back over the barrel 2.5 inches of the 14.5 barrel = 12 but the handguard will cover more like 12+ inches and
will be over the mount.
you will need at least .5 inch just to unlatch the can with your fingers.
I went with the 16 inch barrel and it gives me 1 inch between the mount and the 12 inch handguard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies guys...I talked to AAC today and they told me that it should work assuming that the diameter of the Noveske barrel was .750". I wrote Noveske today so we'll see what they say.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless DD changed the length of there rail, it will not fit. I tried the exact setup you are talking about and the DD 12" lite is about .250" to long to allow the can to thread on all the way. I tried this about a year ago so things may have changed since then with the barrel or the rail, I ended up going with a Larue 11.0 rail for mine but I really would have prefered the DD 12" lite.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input...I may just go with the 16.1" Noveske barrel and save myself the hassle and $200 from the tax stamp. And then I can either look at a DD 12" Lite Rail or a Larue 13.2" Rail.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree that the combination which you describe will probably not fit.  The basis for this opinion is that I run an SPR/M4 on a 12.5" barrel with a DD Lite 9.0, and there is only 0.740" between the back of the can and the front of the handguard.  From these measurements, you will have just over 1/4" of interference.

Unfortunately, DD doesn't make the Lite in 11" length, so your options are to go with an LT or use a slightly longer barrel.  Alternatively, if you are going to SBR it anyway, you might want to consider the configuration that I have; it is so nice that I am building a 6.8 just like it, although with a SCAR-H SD.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#9]
My 9" rail required a 11.75" barrel to fit the mounted can snug. I had a 14.5" cut down. Rails are longer than the rated spec but vary a tiny bit from manufacturer to manufacturer.  Still, 2.75" is what I needed to get a "close as possible fit" so on a 12" rail you'd need a 14.75" barrel.  Answer?  Have a 16" cut down.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top