Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 7:11:25 AM EDT
hey guys,

I currently have 3 ruger 10 round factory mags and two Condor steel lipped. The Condors weren't bad from the factory and I after I tweaked them they are pretty good I think.I see that Butler creek has a "steel lips" series in addition to their "Hot lips" line.

Are the BC Steel lip 25 rounders going to be the best?

thanks
seth
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
From what i understand the BC steel lips are reliable and last much longer than the plastic lipped magazines, so yes id hold out for steel lips as long as they are made again.  I had one of those condor mags....ack.. jamomatic, the metal feed part was real loose in the mag body too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The steel lips are supposedly the best, though I admit that I have a couple of the "hot lips" that have thousands of rounds through them and still work fine.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if the Butler Creek mag loaders for the Hotlips will work on the Steel Lips?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they do. They also work with Butler Creek Steel Lips/M-MAGs. I own two of them.

Sammy

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the Butler Creek mag loaders for the Hotlips will work on the Steel Lips?

www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=540353

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That loader kicks butt....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you guys know if that loader works better than the Ramline loader?

I have the loader with the plunger that plunges one in at a time. it works fairly well once you are good at using it
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you guys know if that loader works better than the Ramline loader?

I have the loader with the plunger that plunges one in at a time. it works fairly well once you are good at using it

I asked a dealer about this and was told Butler Creek's loader is superior to the Ramline loader due to the ease of the feed trough.  That sentiment was echoed by four or five other dealers.  

More than half carried both and they were the same price- I'm inclined to believe them.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, that loader definitely kicks ass.  I've been using with both my Hot Lips and Steel Lips for years now.  Can't wait to see those BC mags again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I love that loader except that it doesn't work with ruger factory mags
so my factory mag never gets used anymore
now if I only had some hicaps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top