Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:43:45 AM EST
I'm kinda starting in reverse. I bought a TW ballistic and was planning on buying a PVS-14 with my tax refund, but home got jealous and manifested some repairs that ate almost all of that up. So thinking ahead, looking at getting some of the smaller (less expensive) odds and ends in the meantime - until I can rebound save up enough.

Looks like I can get this mount for $400 shipped.

Is this a solid choice and price for my future TNVC's PVS-14 and my TW Ballistic?
Is there anything this is missing from ideal?
Am I being stupid buying this now on sale, rather than saving up for the NV?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:18:01 AM EST
You will need some sort of adapter for the device to the mount, the two most popular options are the Wilcox arms or the Norotos Dual Dovetail Adapter (DDA). You can also buy a single sided version of the Wilcox bridge mount if you think that that might be a direction you'll go in in the future.

Otherwise, IMHO, buying the accessories now, so that everything's ready to go when you get the device isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm assuming that you're looking at the Arms Unlimited e-mail about the L4 G24, just FYSA, I've never had any problems in the couple transactions I've done with them, but there are a lot of members who do not share that sentiment, there have been a decent number of people who have had some trouble with them, most particularly the Surefire SOCOM-RC suppressor debacle, but they didn't have the best reputation even before that, the price was so good, though, that a lot of people decided to take the gamble, and are not very happy.

My recommendation at very least would be to call and make sure they're in stock and ready to ship before sending money.

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:52:45 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Augee:
You will need some sort of adapter for the device to the mount, the two most popular options are the Wilcox arms or the Norotos Dual Dovetail Adapter (DDA).
~Augee
View Quote

Is that like what the J-Arm that TNVC includes is?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:55:32 PM EST
I don't think you can go wrong with buying the parts you can afford as you can afford them.
It works for me, otherwise I might be tempted to buy something else and I'll never be closer to my goal.
But if I start buying the parts then I feel more motivated to finish getting all the parts that I need to complete the project.

As for the additional part that you'll need to complete the setup, it is called the J-Arm and that is what you use to connect the Wilcox mount to the PVS-14.

I'll try and post some links but this forum normally blocks my links so you'll have to copy and paste them.

J-Arm at TNVC

Wilcox L4 G24 Breakaway Mount at Telluric Group

My Team Wendy Ballistic Helmet with the Wilcox L4 G24 (minus the PVS-14)
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:25:16 PM EST
The J-Arm supplied with the unit is for a USGI "bayonet" interface and will not work with the L4 G24.

The L4 G24 uses the Wilcox/PVS-7A dovetail, so you will need to get an adapter arm that is compatible.

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:12:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By Augee:
The J-Arm supplied with the unit is for a USGI "bayonet" interface and will not work with the L4 G24.

The L4 G24 uses the Wilcox/PVS-7A dovetail, so you will need to get an adapter arm that is compatible.

~Augee
View Quote

Roger that and it's worth it to get the Wilcox J Arm that acts as an on/off switch circuit?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:29:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Roger that and it's worth it to get the Wilcox J Arm that acts as an on/off switch circuit?
View Quote
The Wilcox J Arm is on average $20 more for the on/off option which in my opinion was well worth it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:49:16 AM EST
I second the Wilcox arm with the on/off button. Love mine. I had also read somewhere that this model allowed the monocular to be brought a little closer to the eye. I don't recall where I read that so don't take it as fact till someone with knowledge of both weighs in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:23:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 8:23:21 AM EST by YukonBoy03]
Originally Posted By ex95B10:
The Wilcox J Arm is on average $20 more for the on/off option which in my opinion was well worth it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ex95B10:
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

Does that come in a non-black color (tan)? All I can find are black

And thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:12:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 9:13:37 AM EST by murtis]
Originally Posted By Triton712:
I second the Wilcox arm with the on/off button. Love mine. I had also read somewhere that this model allowed the monocular to be brought a little closer to the eye. I don't recall where I read that so don't take it as fact till someone with knowledge of both weighs in.
View Quote

Don't have knowledge about both of them other than looking at pics of the one you have, and you're right, the one with the switch is more J shaped than I like the other arm. Thus bringing it closer to your eye. Some have complained with some specific setups that the regular I-arm prevents them getting it close enough.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:46:52 AM EST
The recently renamed Wilcox 'Gen I w/ON-OFF switch' model only comes in black, while the Gen II piece (for the bino bridge) can be ordered in tan. The Gen II arm requires half the bino bridge to mount, otherwise it'll be centered on your nose. Keep that in mind if you buy it, or you'll end up with both like I did...
Top Top