Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 4:35:28 AM EDT
Santa brought the Tweeter a 1187 youth model 20 gauge for Christmas. As I was cleaning things up I noticed a void in the barrel. It looks like when they welded the gas chamber sleeve on the barrel they got too deep. Line in barrel is about 1/4" and runs at 90 degrees to the barrel. The void appears to be about 5 sheets of paper wide and maybe 1/2 that deep.

Store that I bought the gun is closed today. I haven't yet figured out how to get hold of Remington.  

Anyone have any thoughts? Is this anything to worry about? I have never seen it before.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You know every once in a while a fellow just has to have an opportunity to flaunt his ignorance.  I want to thank you fellows for allowing me that chance. The void that I was concerned about is the orifices in the barrel that allows the gas to escape and works the bolt and chambers the next round.

For all you out there that are giggling and laughing at my expense…….you are welcome.

Of course I could point out that over 197 people have viewed this post (on 2 different boards) and no one pointed out where I was in error.

Gloom, despair and agony on me, deep dark depression, excessive misery, If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at allllllll, gloom despair and agony on me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
hehe...I was just getting ready to ask you if you were seeing the gas ports?

Apparently you have it figured out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Voids...Gas Ports.......now thats funny!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top