Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 11:26:09 AM EDT
I ordered a bunch of these on 3/31/09 and just received them today.  That's 32 days order-to-door.  With that kind of back log, they must be very happy campers at Widener's.

These are a decent bullet at a good price.  I don't have any quantitative comparisons betweent htem and the comparable Hornady offering but I should get some data soon.  I know already they shoot reasonably well.  

Can anyone provide info based upon their experience with these?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Molon has a test on these bullets attached to the Prvi Match ammo.

IIRC, they look to be about sub 1.5 MOA bullets...

ETA...this is about what the 75gr Prvi Match does in my 20" Lilja....
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think Molon has a test on these bullets attached to the Prvi Match ammo.

IIRC, they look to be about sub 1.5 MOA bullets...

ETA...this is about what the 75gr Prvi Match does in my 20" Lilja....

That's more than good enough for loading up extra SHTF ammo!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered some primers and some brass a few weeks ago. They charged my card real fast but still no primers...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Fear not about the early charge.  They are very up-front about that and they are a reputable supplier.  The good news that goes with that early charge is that they have what you ordered.  

In this post, I made note of the relatively long wait time (32 days) just to clarify how BIG the back log is right now.

I am still waiting on some brass and powder I ordered.  They are due here this Monday according to the tracking info.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
their 168s shoot 600 yards all day long
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't been overwhelmed with them in the past, but accuracy has been OK (1.5MOA or a little better) but, and it is a big but, I have only shot them for accuracy in 1 rifle, with 1 powder (TAC). For SHTF, I would be very happy with that combo. It shoots well in my lightweight chrome lined carbines that I have not tested from the bench for accuracy, a can on the 100 yard line is in serious trouble from any position if I do my part.

They seem to expand and be an effective hunting/SD bullet (see Molons and skypups postings on the matter) and are reasonably price compared with other heavyweight .224 bullets and Borg has gotten respectable accuracy out of them reloading with Rx-15.

So, based upon the body of eveidence, I decided to buy a few K more and give them another try. I also liquidated 600 rounds of factory 223 pressure ammo (I kept my 3131 and 193) and replaced it with much more effective reloads for the stash, and accuracy is just as good (better really) than most 55gr FMJ loads of any type.

Just my opinions, and probably worth less than you paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
their 168s shoot 600 yards all day long

I will be chronographing some of those tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have couple of bags of the 75's, and shot maybe 50 or so. The first batch was with H335, and I know, it wasn't ideal. Varget  @ 24 grains was lightly compressed and shot well. Unfortunately all I had were clay targets that day, and hitting them at 120 yards or so was little trouble. From the same batch I later shot also about 1.9" at 100 out of a FS2000, 1:7 twist. They're not hornadys, but they work pretty well, and I have no complaints about those or the 168's I ordered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top