Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/21/2002 8:56:12 PM EDT
I was looking at the LEGP 24" upper & was wondering why this is a desirable feature ??

Won't it require the use of a Delta style ceek piece ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:01:16 PM EDT

I use the high rise upper and tall scope rings on my AR. I use it for 3-gun competition and it allows me to keep my head up when moving and find the scope/site picture faster. With a reg. flat top and std. mid-rise scope rings I have to get my head way down tight on the stock. Not the fastest way for me.

One side benefit is it is easier to get the the charging handle due to increse in space between the two.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:55:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TCROW:

I use the high rise upper and tall scope rings on my AR. I use it for 3-gun competition and it allows me to keep my head up when moving and find the scope/site picture faster. With a reg. flat top and std. mid-rise scope rings I have to get my head way down tight on the stock. Not the fastest way for me.

One side benefit is it is easier to get the the charging handle due to increse in space between the two.

What's your barrel/upper/scope configuration ?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:26:02 AM EDT
If you take a moment to think about it, you'll realize that everybody with 'normal' flat-top uppers has to get extra high rings and or spacers/risers in order to mount a scope at the correct height. If you get the hi-rise upper then you can mount a scope to the rifle using normal height rings and you have a stronger mount since it is one piece with the upper.

Obviously this style of upper is only intended for dedicated target rifles unless you custom make a rear iron sight.
Top Top