Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 5:45:04 PM EDT
It seems like there isn't alot of interest in this rifle around here, and Im wondering why?  I was thinking about getting one.  They are inexpensive, shoot 308 and seem like they are battle proven...or are they?  Why are FALs so much more popular, arent they quite similar?  Can anyone shed some light on this rifle for me?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The CETME is the beginning of the Heckler & Koch G3, not very similar to the FAL.  The CETME was or is in use with the Spanish military.  You can find out some more information on www.hkpro.com.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason people arent hot for them is that they are assembled and the recievers are mabey by a pretty crappy company. Century Arms International.

I'd get one but I'd rather save up and get a good DSA FAL instead of a rifle that may or may not work well.

It comes down to quality really... It seems to make a good gun to beat up though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
good information on cetme rifles can be found at www.cetmerifles.com. Perro knows cetme rifles, good and bad points.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a CETME. Its been very reliable. It is totally different than the FAL. Nothing the same. The CETME is a close cousin or really father to the HK rifle.It doesn't have a gas piston like a FAL. It has fluted chambers. It ain't my go to rifle but for $300 you should have one in your collection.It is a good proven battle rifle.WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen them, I wanted one, then a guy brought one to the range, we could never get it to take a round off the magazine.  After many attepts, we just started loading the bullets manually.  It dented 3 primers, and never fired a shot.

Not expencive but cool looking does nothing for me when I see that it can't even fire one bullet.

No I am not close minded, I new that this was probably a fluke.  But the range officer that was helping us said he has never seen one of them come to his range and work properly.

I am sure that their are some that work great.  But right now, I am very very unimpressed, and would rather buy something else.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top