Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/19/2003 3:24:32 PM EDT
    I mean, damn, the fricking thing has a current MSRP of $13,286 U.S.D., and it's not even a semi-auto.  The Mc Millan rifles that have been adopted by the US Military are just as, if not more accurate then the AW50 ( from what I've been told), are a little over 1/3 of the price of a AW50, and are a little under 10 lbs. less than the AW50.  So I ask any of you AI owners out there to step forward and please try and justify the price tag of this beast (I'm not product bashing or anything, as I have never shot a AW50, I'm just curious as to why the price is astronomical).  It is a beautiful rifle (except for the lack of a 33' bull barrel) and I am aware that it function's flawlessly as well as having a long service life.  

I would like to eventually own one, I would switch the barrel (Is it even possible to remove their barrel and attatch one from a different company, or are their barrel propriatary*? (SP)) and muzzle break it has with a 33' barrel from  K&P, and the muzzle break would be replaced with the 2.25 radius AR50 custom break that I've just ordered (as oppossed to the 1.75 radius MB Armalite supplies with the AR50).
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have thought that the AILapua guy would have responded at least.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason I can figure is the name. Other then that, none.

I heard that the early versions even had accuracy problems. Seems most of it was due to the design of their muzzlebrake. Don't know what they've done to it since, it doesn't impress me at all.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
,,,it's awesome looking but way too rich for my blood. Think they'd take an old USGI M1 carbine on a straight-across trade??? LMAOROTF
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
,,,it's awesome looking but way too rich for my blood. Think they'd take an old USGI M1 carbine on a straight-across trade??? LMAOROTF

LOL Colt45, no straight trade, I think you'll be paying a difference of about......umm.....$13,650!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN!!!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top