Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2003 5:14:04 PM EDT
I could fire anything and everything through that weapon. I put the side saddle on and the thing bairly cycled. I thought at first it was the walmart crap I had been shooting in the past so I tried heavier loads. Nothing... still crap. I can fire slugs but nothing else. Heck the side saddle doesnt even touch the bolt. I put a pistol grip on thinking it would prevent limp wrist type actions. Well the thing absorbs the recoil better but the cycling still sucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You changed the physics of the gun when you added asymetrical weight. Side saddles are best left to pump guns. A lot of autos, (not all) have this problem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Moot point... I found the pin and pulled that damn side saddle off. So what does everyone do for reloads?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All the 3 gun shooters I know that use Benellis have side saddles by 3 Gun Gear www.3gungear.com and don't have any cycling problems.

That is interesting, there is probably enough give in the fabric to not affect the gun as much.  Sounds like a good xmas gift for my brother and his M1.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldnt beleive how much the pistol grip helped to absorb recoil. I fired a slug and bairly felt it tonight. The light walmart stuff was nothing and the heavier stuff still wasnt anything big.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Three gun gear works for me.  I put a 7 rounder on my Benelli M3 and have never had any problems -- it shoots wallmart field loads (that economy pack stuff) and Federal reduced recoil slugs just fine.  I have read that installation of the other kind of side saddle can cause a problem by pinching your receiver ???

Edited to add: the only reason you see the back end of the bottom layer of velcro is because I have a 7 rounder (for reasons I wont get into) instead of an 8...the eights look nice a neat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
How new is the Benelli?  They usually need a good breaking in.  They are recoil operated, so a fully loaded side saddle can sometimes affect that.  Mine had the side saddle plus a Surefire forearm.  A little polishing on the bolt tail and the curved lower surface of the bolt helped it.  It was 100% with full power high-base, but always iffy with reduced recoil loads.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Three gun gear works for me.  I put a 7 rounder on my Benelli M3 and have never had any problems -- it shoots wallmart field loads (that economy pack stuff) and Federal reduced recoil slugs just fine.  I have read that installation of the other kind of side saddle can cause a problem by pinching your receiver ???

Receiver is aluminum and you might deform it by cranking the sidesaddle too tight...
Bill
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...can cause a problem by pinching your receiver ???

Receiver is aluminum and you might deform it by cranking the sidesaddle too tight...
Bill

That fits with my experience.

If you tighten the bolt it will interfer with cycling.  As a test, I loosened it and it worked.  

I took it off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
You tightened the screw too much.  Loosen it up a little bit and apply locktight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...the only reason you see the back end of the bottom layer of velcro is because I have a 7 rounder (for reasons I wont get into) instead of an 8...the eights look nice a neat.

How does the whole thing attach to the receiver? Looks like one of the velcro patches is glued onto the receiver. I thought the 3GunGear side saddles attached by 2 velcro loops that wrapped around the receiver at both ends. That photo seems to show otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My 3gungear side saddle (7 shot) has a velcro strap that goes around the front end, but the main part is held on with sticky backed loop material (the hook material is on the shell holder part.)  This ties in well with the 2 shell Slide Pak I have on the other side.  If I knew of a free picture hosting service, I could put up a few pics......

I've had to remove the loop material to have some work done, and it cleaned off very nicely.  You wouldn't even know that something had been stuck to the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Never had a problem with mine,even when the side saddle is fully loaded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top