Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 10:51:54 AM EDT
The recent talk about reloading in another post got me thinking....is there any reason I can't drill out the Berdan primer and at the same time drill a centered fire-hole, and then reprime with Boxer primers?

Obviously, I'd have to grind a special stepped drill bit and make a die to hold the case centered, but as a tool and die maker neither of these are above me. Would the detonation of the round blow the primer pocket out?

The reason I ask is because if I reloaded Berdan brass using surpusrifle.com's water pressure method, which I must say is ingenius, I'd have to do that every time I reloaded the brass. This way I can reload normally after the first time.

Go ahead, shoot holes in it. I'm sure there are plenty. I really need to stop this thinking stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Found some info on some of the new-groups.  This link should get you a search of the groups through Google.

News-Groups

I've looked into doing this before out of curiosity.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top