Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/27/2009 4:49:51 PM EDT
I know it's expensive and slightly overpriced but I can't stop drooling I think this upper might push me over the edge..... If I buy one where do they send it while I'm waiting to get

the proper steps to owning it done?

Noveske 10.5in Upper
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeep297:
I know it's expensive and slightly overpriced but I can't stop drooling I think this upper might push me over the edge..... If I buy one where do they send it while I'm waiting to get

Noveske 10.5in Upper

basically you file a F1 in duplicate (signed by the CLEO of your jurisdiction), along with fingerprints, photo ID, citizenship certification, and a check/MO for $200 to the ATF and in about 3-4 months you will get an approved F1 back with tax stamp and then you can slap that shorty together!

you could get a lower papered as a pistol right now and order the upper and have a legal use for it. or you could store it with a friend who owns no ar-15 style guns.

personally I think that upper is WAY overpriced .. pick up an LMT upper for a lot less or even better yet cruise the EE in the used parts section and pick up a shorty upper that someone is getting rid of (it's what I did)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:28:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ds762:

Noveske 10.5in Upper

basically you file a F1 in duplicate (signed by the CLEO of your jurisdiction), along with fingerprints, photo ID, citizenship certification, and a check/MO for $200 to the ATF and in about 3-4 months you will get an approved F1 back with tax stamp and then you can slap that shorty together!

you could get a lower papered as a pistol right now and order the upper and have a legal use for it. or you could store it with a friend who owns no ar-15 style guns.

personally I think that upper is WAY overpriced .. pick up an LMT upper for a lot less or even better yet cruise the EE in the used parts section and pick up a shorty upper that someone is getting rid of (it's what I did)

So if I buy a short upper like this I can just have it sent to someone that I know who does not own an AR until I can get everything done? Thanks for the help!

Even if I don't get this upper I think it has at least motivated me to get started....

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:45:09 PM EDT
This sound dumb but i know a lot of people who just buy it and pop it on the lowers and have had theres for years without ever paying the $200 stamp
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:47:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TMHonfire:
This sound dumb but i know a lot of people who just buy it and pop it on the lowers and have had theres for years without ever paying the $200 stamp

Advocating illegal activity is a no-no in this forum. Do not pass go and do not collect $200.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:53:45 PM EDT

Keep this up and you wont be here long.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LonghornAR:

Advocating illegal activity is a no-no in this forum. Do not pass go and do not collect $200.

+1. Saving $200 in the short term is not worth the enormous fines and prison time involved if caught.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:09:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LonghornAR:

+1. Saving $200 in the short term is not worth the enormous fines and prison time involved if caught.

you don't have to agree with the law but don't advocate breaking it!

what you are talking about is violations of the NFA of 1934 which are punishable by up to 10 years and up to $250K in fines .. .. sit and stew on that before you open your mouth and post more shit about becoming a felon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:11:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ds762:

Noveske 10.5in Upper

So if I buy a short upper like this I can just have it sent to someone that I know who does not own an AR until I can get everything done? Thanks for the help!

Even if I don't get this upper I think it has at least motivated me to get started....

as long as they do not own any AR-style firearms they can legally posess the short upper OR if they have a registered pistol or SBR .. they just have a spare for theirs until you get your paperwork!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 6:39:44 PM EDT by ds762]

well well .. now you are an accessory to a felony .. because your friends didn't register their guns and you knew about it .. you are involved in a conspiracy to evade tax payment ...

I "knew" someone who did this too .. he also figured he could drill extra holes in his guns because "he could get away with it" .. well long story short .. he served Federal prison time for it. you need to think long and hard before you post another fucking comment on this internet board that is actively monitored by the BATFE and other .gov acronym agencies.

listen up .. we don't want to know about your friends and what they do that is not legal.

<––––––––––––––––––––––-plugging ears and singing ..

[smurfs] LA .LA .LALALALA .. LA LALALA .. LALALALALA .. LALALALA [/smurfs]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:24:47 PM EDT

is he speaking english?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:30:41 PM EDT

FUCKTARD, get off this board we don't need people like you on here. Mods need to lock him out.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:55:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 6:56:04 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
See Post
Top Top