Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2013 12:33:47 PM EDT
I found a pretty nice IMI Model A Uzi with about 15 mags at the LGS that I ended up putting on layaway.  Functionally, it was solid, but finish wise it could use some work.  Any recommendations as to who is the go-to guy or company for UZI work right now that could clean this little beauty up for me?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your UZI, they are great guns. I don't see a lot of tech talk about UZIs here, You should check on uzitalk, you may get more hits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, www.uzitalk.com and all shall become clear!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
BWE Firearms

SBR conversion and refinish he did for me:
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Shade.  Thanks for the link.  What sort of turn around time did you have?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
well its probably different now, because i sent my gun to BWE the week after vector stopped doing custom work on guns.... BWE was flooded with orders because of this and it took about 5 months to get the gun back... probably a way better turnaround time now that they are probably caught up / steady though
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey Shade.  Thanks for the link.  What sort of turn around time did you have?

Richard at BWE told me was 4 to 6 months out on new work.  This was around 5.5 months ago.  Which reminds me - I need to check with him to see if he's gotten to my Uzi yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top