Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 7:52:17 PM EDT

After coming home from town & seeing the rifle range was open, my wife mentioned, "...the guy with the AR...", are you going to buy it ? she asks, 'dunno yet', was my reply..., upon arriving home & carrying in the "stuff", i noticed a lyttle hole in the seat of her pants & told her, "we are not getting any more guns till you get some new clothes"...!!, now what the hell do you thynk her answer was .......??

"i guess we won't be getting any more guns....!!! HuH...??????"

what the hell do i say now ?? she called me........

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya had to challenge her , How long have you been marrried ? Sound like you made a rookie mistake , oh well live and learn .

P.S. Ain't nothin ya can say now but go ahead and buy yer toys anyway .
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had a gun for every piece of clothing I've bought I'd have more guns than ammo by now!

My wife is the kind that sees the desire for a new rifle in my eye and insists that I buy another. I can hardly look twice at the same pistol before she's telling me to get it. It's such a problem that I don't take her with me to the gun store so I can talk down the price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure she wasnt being sarcastic? If she wasnt just tell her that her attitude towards you when you were trying to put her needs first proved that you shouldnt do just that,and go buy your gun!Just my .02 It will show her that you were thinking of her more than yourself and she will feel like the ass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
actually guys,

she loves those toys more & more every day & she wants one "short" enuff for her to shoot, that is why i want a NIB pre-ban, so that i can hand it to her in the box, wrapped up & say, "here sweetheart, you can do anythyng wyth this your lyttle heart desires", because she actually drools over pics in the gun books & ones i print out from this forum & others......., well.., not real drool  

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
God Damn!!!  Use the freaking letter "I"!!  Why destroy the English language??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
whats wrong wyth "i"

it still reads the same.........
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
whats wrong wyth "i"

it still reads the same.........

If you don't know then I am not even going to bother telling you.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
C.J. Did you check those Eagles out??
Edited to say that my wife started the pre-ban thing by getting her "Baby Eagle" last month...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
you are lucky jack my wife thinks i have to many guns.  shes wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
sgtar15,

interesting reply.., i presume you havn't a clue either..., RIGHT ??
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
bigyeti,
noooooooo, i havn't, i am so busy answering the Email flood i got from that note, i am going to look at two local rifles tomrw., maybe buy both.........

Walttx,

yes i am very lucky, she will go wyth me tomrw., she has some how become an AR addict lyke me & one more rifle to her is just getting started.., i tell her they are investments & she agrees, the market is dead, so buy guns !!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
sgtar15,

interesting reply.., i presume you havn't a clue either..., RIGHT ??

It's just a matter of using proper English...that is all.

No flame meant really, I just find it hard to read poor grammar.  As long as you can read it......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Juggernut,

you are a very funny person, i had to laff @ that one

sgtar15,

bad grammar........??? maybe you mean shytte spelling ?

i have my reasons so don't knock it !!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Purely out of curiosity, what reasons would one have for using a "y" where an "i" should go?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
God Damn!!!  Use the freaking letter "I"!!  Why destroy the English language??

Sgtar15

I razzed ol' Cactus Jack about this once on a forum long ago. Personally, I think his spellyng has ymproved! I styll think he is a myserable old pryck, however!

Actually, Cactus Jack had a valid reason, as was discussed on the defunct AR15forum board many moons ago. It is up to him if he cares to bring it out here.

Good shootyng, CactusJack! Enjoy your ARs!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
lyke me & one more rifle to her is just getting

shouldnt that be spelt "ryfle"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top