Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2010 3:03:16 PM EDT
I like the MP5 and all but (even if I could find one for sale) I can't justify a $5,000 weapon and two tax stamps. Anybody make a semi-auto clone?
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
you can start with Coharie Arms..there are a few other ways to get it done
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=312307&page=1

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-25575.html

I would be cautious.
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The MP5 is a great weapon...but I would be leery of anything built by Todd Bailey.

Sometimes SOTs will cut up old Department MP5s that are no longer needed and sell the parts, it will be a bit more pricey, but it seems that would be a better route.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I know Ohio Rapid Fire made them, including one in 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I went through this last year. I really wanted a pdw clone. I went with a cohaire. I was well aware of there rep but it was the cheapest way to get my foot in the door. This was before the going out of business sale so my ca89k was 1500.(now they are about 12ish) mine would not eject right so after a few tripps back to cohaire($40 shipping each time) I decided to fix it my self. I got a rcm bolt goup an hk extraxtor, ext spring and ejector. I had to go with -4 roller to get the bolt gap right with the new parts. It now runs 99.99% with everything I feed it. I SBRed it, added a bt side folder, k grip, sef housing, and hk tigger. Its now one of my favorite guns. Much smoother then my 9mm ar. I would do it over again too, my goal was to get a working gun less then what an sp89 or a pdw parts kit build would cost, and I did that even if you add in all the extras. My friend just got a ca89k and his runs 100% out of the box, so I guess it just luck of the draw. Cohaire is a good option if youdont mind working on it a little(everything I did was easy) or if you don't want to spend too much up front. I just ordered a hk53 clone from cohaire that uses ar mags. If it works out I will sbr it too.

Another option would be the mke clones. I think you can get them in the 12ish range. They should run right out of the box as they were built on hk machinery. The only problem with them is they don't have 3 lug barrels and won't work with a sear. If that does not bother you then they are a good option. I think there is someone who can attatch a three lugg adapter if you really want it. Another option is to have one built. You can get a parts kit and have it built on a us made rec. I think that would be in the 2.5-3000 range.

James

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Another option would be the mke clones. I think you can get them in the 12ish range. They should run right out of the box as they were built on hk machinery. The only problem with them is they don't have 3 lug barrels and won't work with a sear. If that does not bother you then they are a good option. I think there is someone who can attatch a three lugg adapter if you really want it. Another option is to have one built. You can get a parts kit and have it built on a us made rec. I think that would be in the 2.5-3000 range.

James

I like my MKE.  I am waiting on a Form 1 to come back so I can throw on a side folding stock and K grip. The only thing you have to be leery of with the MKE when turing it into an SBR is US parts count for 922 compliance (much contention on this issue).
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless your willing to dish out HK style coin, the correct answer is nobody, believe me this has been proven again and again over the years every time the person who wont be named goes and retitles his company and starts pumping out the same crap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Have a Bobcat BW5 FS and I absolutely love it. My only complaints/problems have been that the rear sight needed to be maxed out for proper zero, and MP5 parts are expensive as hell. Other than that, it has run 100%.

Lots of the current folks over at HKPro have been running clones with great success. The thing is, you'll need (and WANT) to troubleshoot them yourself if you want to make wrongs right.

I gave $1200 for mine here on the EE, and it has been a lot of fun. It is an SBR candidate in the near future...

She now wears a Navy SEF Clipped & Pinned lower. The trigger pull is leaps and bounds ahead of the US made FCG. I think they're worth the trouble, just come with your wallet open and be prepared to troubleshoot yourself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a SW5 a few years back...didn't run perfect but the price was a steal...quite a few long nights with me taking it down to the springs and pins...but once I got it running its been flawless and one of the most fun guns I've ever owned ...even more so after I SBR'd it
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll probably end up with one of the Turkish MKE clones.  The price is just
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Xxxx is now selling barrelled uppers under a different name on gunbroker.com.
chopstixkid on hkpro is also selling barrelled uppers.

I have a CA mp5 sbr clone, a vector mp5k sbr clone and a sw5 mp5k pistol(for now). I never shoot my 9mm ar15 sbr anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top