Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 8:04:59 AM EDT
Lets try this again.

I have a pre-ban PWA lower that is very BLACK. It has an FN A2 upper on it with a Colt 14.5 inch light weight barrel. The FN upper is gray and does not match at all. Because the barell is the older 14.5 inch light weight I want to go with an A1. Either the original with only the forward assist or one of the new ones with the shell deflector, but it must be black. Any help as to who makes these or who may have then in stock would be great.

Are the ones made by Bushmaster black or gray?

Thanks,
Luckystiff
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster so called "A1" upper receiver, with the brass deflector, is black and will match.  This is the Canadian C7 upper (or a very close copy).

(Bushmaster has never made or sold a M16A1 upper receiver of any color.  Nor has anyone other than Colt's, GM, and H&R and the last two not in 30 years.  There's no brass deflector on the M16A1.)

-- Chuck

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Chuck on the Bushmaster A1 upper. The one I received recently(24" heavy, pre-ban) is very well made and very black. If I clean it with anything other than an old, black T-shirt, it gets covered in a white "haze".
coyote3
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  

To give anyone else that looks at this post an idea of how black this lower is, it is as black as the current RRA lowers (yes I know that RRA bought out PWA). If the Bushmaster uppers match the RRA lowers then I am set.

As soon as I pull off the A2 upper I'll get the A1 (or C7!).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top